Land-ho!

oldbilbo

Visit site
Bula Position
Expand Messages

Lane Andrew Today at 6:29 AM
Translation of text message received from Julien aboard Bula at 300800A.

"Land in sight!! AT LAST. After 15 days at sea, I look forward to returning to life ashore. But if these last two weeks have subjected me to all the emotions, the wind on the nose most of the time, I can't wait to open my two bottles of wine, well earnt!!! I have tears in my eyes. Bula and Julien."

Naturally I have sent the necessary BZ and also I have tears in my eyes for him.
Andy Lane

oldbilbo

Visit site
I am happy to tell you all that Julien safely bought Bula alongside at Praia da Vitoria at 301030A this morning, being the first Jester to arrive. I have just spoken with him and he is over the moon. Since wife and daughters won't arrive until Wednesday he will have a couple of days to chill out and find his land feet again. Both he and I have thoughts for the other Jester skippers who will have to affront the next heavy winds tomorrow. Sorry Roger, we got there first !

For the late arrivals, don't forget the wonderful carnival de sanjoaninas at Angra do Heroismo between the 21 and 30 June. Being used to the greys and greens of the sea, the colours are breathtaking. A "must" if you are there.

Finally, a huge thank you to Julien for modifying my old boat Bula so that she was capable of affronting the gales and getting there first. Julien, WELL DONE.

Andy Lane

IMG_4218_zpsiu8kxfde.jpg