Lagos marina Portugal

nortada

Visit site
If anyone had an up to date winter price list , would you be kind enough to pm it to me please .

Hi Vic,

See Graham beat me to it.✅?

Be advised after the unbelievably good deal the marina gave those caught by the lock down, in the fear that we may get a second wave this coming winter, many have elected to take up the marinas offer and stay local, while others have already advised that they will be returning to Lagos next winter so for certain size boats they may be full (as happened the year before last).☹️??

Vic, Graham, will PM you both later today.

In the meantime, you might like :- Welcome to Marina de Lagos

Yngmar

Visit site
Hey Vic, already fed up with sailing again? :)

Albufeira is way cheaper and has a good yard that let us stay aboard and DIY (and you get a deal for the yard if you're wintering in the marina). Electricity was included too. There were only a few liveaboards and it gets quiet in winter, but that's not a bad thing. Fantastic hiking on the cliffs just west of the marina. Contact email is info@marinaalbufeira.com - I've written an article about our stay here: Wintering in the Algarve

Oh, found their pricelist: Albumarina

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Hey Vic, already fed up with sailing again? :)

Albufeira is way cheaper and has a good yard that let us stay aboard and DIY (and you get a deal for the yard if you're wintering in the marina). Electricity was included too. There were only a few liveaboards and it gets quiet in winter, but that's not a bad thing. Fantastic hiking on the cliffs just west of the marina. Contact email is info@marinaalbufeira.com - I've written an article about our stay here: Wintering in the Algarve

Oh, found their pricelist: Albumarina
You want to get out of that marina before the season end :)
We booked to come back so you may be stuck with us another winter ,
but we also looking at other option , as you kown we got to mid Aug to cancel and get a refund .
We been in the Med for so long now fancy gettimg back to Portugal and maybe getting Back to the spainish Rias for a while .

Reading up on your write up

Last edited:

nortada

Visit site
Thanks both of you , taken a look and nearly fell over board ,
It's €2K more for a six month winter contract , bit hard to swollen.
€2k more than where?

Looked at pricing for 6 months low season at most of the Algarve Marinas and they are 'much of muchness'. Because all of their contract are different it is not easy to make comparisons.

Lagos is good for cats - but that won't effect you. ;)

For what it is worth, Lagos has by far the largest winter liveaboard community but it is horses for courses and I am very aware that for various reasons some do not like Lagos.??

Last edited:

cherod

Visit site
€2k more than where?

Looked at pricing for 6 months low season at most of the Algarve Marinas and they are 'much of muchness'. Because all of their contract are different it is not easy to make comparisons.

Lagos is good for cats - but that won't effect you. ;)

For what it is worth, Lagos has by far the largest winter liveaboard community but it is horses for courses and I am very aware that for various reasons some do not like Lagos.??
( although it wont be affecting me this year tho maybe nxt :ROFLMAO: ) out of interest and maybe a bit of forward planing , please , " why is it good for cats " ?

nortada

Visit site
( although it wont be affecting me this year tho maybe nxt :ROFLMAO: ) out of interest and maybe a bit of forward planing , please , " why is it good for cats " ?

Two reasons, Marina has a very benign charging policy for cats and Sopromar, the local boat yard, has the capacity to haul cats on a specially designed hydraulic trailer hoist.

cherod

Visit site
Two reasons, Marina has a very benign charging policy for cats and Sopromar, the local boat yard, has the capacity to haul cats on a specially designed hydraulic trailer hoist.
T Y(y)
T Y (y)

Yngmar

Visit site
You want to get out of that marina before the season end :)
We booked to come back so you may be stuck with us another winter ,
but we also looking at other option , as you kown we got to mid Aug to cancel and get a refund .
We been in the Med for so long now fancy gettimg back to Portugal and maybe getting Back to the spainish Rias for a while .

Reading up on your write up

We're at anchor in Siracusa! :p Still hoping for Greece to let us sail over there in a few days.

Wouldn't mind a re-visit of the Rias and Portugal ourselves some day, and if we did head that way, we'd probably stop at Albufeira for old time's sake (and if need be a haulout). See if the jetty cat colony is still thriving :)