Kitchen remodel and larger scale Restoration

JustoKeel

Visit site
Hello Boaters!

After much work on the exterior of the ongoing restoration of my 1945 classic yacht, I'm finally (thankfully) starting to define interior details.

The current item on the list is a kitchen remodel or reconstruction.
See the boat originally had a kitchen integrated with the Dining room. At some point in this boat's troubled history, the kitchen was compartmentalized and separated for service use, painted white and deprived of any style.

And now as we bring down the walls separating the kitchen from the dining room the contrast between the classy Diner and the purely purpose-designed kitchen is jarring.

So! I was wondering if you knew examples of beautiful classic boat kitchens for inspiration, or any that you have done yourselves. any tips or designers I could look into?

Thanks! and if you want to attach any photos of your boats would love to see them!

Wansworth

Visit site
Hello Boaters!

After much work on the exterior of the ongoing restoration of my 1945 classic yacht, I'm finally (thankfully) starting to define interior details.

The current item on the list is a kitchen remodel or reconstruction.
See the boat originally had a kitchen integrated with the Dining room. At some point in this boat's troubled history, the kitchen was compartmentalized and separated for service use, painted white and deprived of any style.

And now as we bring down the walls separating the kitchen from the dining room the contrast between the classy Diner and the purely purpose-designed kitchen is jarring.

So! I was wondering if you knew examples of beautiful classic boat kitchens for inspiration, or any that you have done yourselves. any tips or designers I could look into?

Thanks! and if you want to attach any photos of your boats would love to see them!
Send yours first?

Tranona

Visit site
Welcome to the forum.

Couple of observations on terminology. Yachts (particularly classic ones!)have galleys and saloons, not kitchens and dining rooms and the wall between them is a partition or bulkhead!

You don't say what type of boat it is, for example ocean cruising sailing yacht or motorboat, nor who the builder was and the style it was built in or the amount of space you have to play with. Therefore very difficult to make any meaningful suggestions.

If you want to see a wide range of styles of interiors both original and rebuilt Classic Boat magazine is worth looking at. Every month they feature at least one restoration project and often 2, both sail and motor and always have descriptions and photos of the interiors. in the current (November) edition there is a main feature on interiors and particularly galley designs for seagoing boats.

There are a number of people on this forum who own classic boats, many of which have also been refitted/refurbished/updated and can offer advice. However they need more to go on - design of boat, builder, current layout, aim of the rebuild of the galley saloon area and above all photos to get a better idea of what is possible.

Wansworth

Visit site
There was a tome dedicated to yacht interiors which I took out the public library about35 years ago.It was a coffee table type tome full of incredible photos of interiors of yachts and motor boats,maybe the local library will know,

JustoKeel

Visit site
Thanks for your replies!

And excuse the terminology, I'm not native English and thus know all my terms in Spanish, ha. No excuse to stop at that.

I will reply later today with more information although like I said the past of this boat is mighty confusing!

I will add pictures plans and specs.

Wansworth

Visit site
Thanks for your replies!

And excuse the terminology, I'm not native English and thus know all my terms in Spanish, ha. No excuse to stop at that.

I will reply later today with more information although like I said the past of this boat is mighty confusing!

I will add pictures plans and specs.
De nada,escribe en castillian hay mucho parlantes español aqui?