King Point Marina, Plymouth

Robih

Boat - West Scotland, Home - Tamar, Devon
Visit site
I'd be interested to know what King Point Marina is like in a southerly gale. As far as I'm aware there isn't an operational storm gate on the marina entrance though I believe there was talk of one. Assuming no storm gate I imagine a southerly gale would send a fair bit of movement in to the marina there? Does anyone have experience? Any other experience/guidance for winter berthing there would be gratefully received.

yoda

Visit site
There is now a wave break that does get put in when required. I have spent the winter in King Point and have been pleased with how well the boat has been through the worst weather. Feel free to contact me if you want more info.

Yoda

Robih

Boat - West Scotland, Home - Tamar, Devon
Visit site
There is now a wave break that does get put in when required. I have spent the winter in King Point and have been pleased with how well the boat has been through the worst weather. Feel free to contact me if you want more info.

Yoda
Yoda, thanks, I’ve been well briefed now. Interestingly, having spoken with the marina, there is no berth availability for our 13.1m yacht until after 1/4/22 earliest.