KAD 32 Winterisation

Scubadoo

Visit site
Interesting, I asked the yard owner when we had our boat listed this year and he said i5 was no problem and appeared surprised that I had asked. Said he runs his on the hard whenever he needs to. He does use proper props as opposed to oil drums and chocks though.
MDL has a policy so you can't do this, however I vaguely remember reading if it required they will apply straps and extra supports.

Greg2

Visit site
MDL has a policy so you can't do this, however I vaguely remember reading if it required they will apply straps and extra supports.

To be fair, I asked because I have always been a little wary but I had no concerns (or problems) running for the very short time it took to get anti-freeze through the raw water system on each engine.

Farmer Piles

Visit site
All antifreeze for internal combustion engine cooling systems has corrosion protection .. does it not? . I believe its the corrosion protection that diminishes over time rather than the frost protection. Having found quite a bit of crud in my cooling system, probably due to too few coolant changes in the past I am doing annual coolant changes. Just put fresh coolant in last weekend.
Broadly true but certainly with John Deere engines you need to use their coolant as the engines will eat out otherwise. Neat antifreeze would do as a stopgap but definitely no water or diluted antifreeze. Can't speak for other engines but just thought that I would mention another quality engine maker insisting on proper coolant. Plus the experience of owners backing it up.

Momac

Visit site
Broadly true but certainly with John Deere engines you need to use their coolant as the engines will eat out otherwise. Neat antifreeze would do as a stopgap but definitely no water or diluted antifreeze. Can't speak for other engines but just thought that I would mention another quality engine maker insisting on proper coolant. Plus the experience of owners backing it up.
Volvo Penta antifreeze is available concentrated or ready diluted with water so not the same concerns as John Deere.
John Deere coolant sounds like the waterless type .

QBhoy

Visit site
Hi. You don’t usually drain the fresh water cooling system. It should have antifreeze coolant in it. Just test it with a manometer to make sure of the protection level.
it’s the raw water system you need to drain at the cooler at least. Then you can induct an AF mix into the pump to flush it through, should you want to.