Just pictures

Capt Popeye

Visit site
Composition
The rule of thirds
Try and compose the picture so that the interesting parts are in the 1/3ds of the frame.
Move about if necessary..

The mast is in the left 1/3rd
The blue is on the right 1/3
The horizon is too high at nearly 1/2 of the way up

The photo would have been more balanced if you included more mast with the horizon in the lower third

Oh also unless the good folks on the Orwell have learned to water ski without a powerboat.. the horizon does need to be level

? x ? x ? x ? = !

Aquaboy

Visit site
Yep, All Saints Brightlingsea.. I was exploring while waiting for the tide to turn to head back down the Wallet. Dull to begin with but then a glorious afternoon and the wind pick up just right.

BTW ...... sorry for any compositional or technical or ummmmm Alresford.PNGAll Saints.PNG taste errors within my pictures...................

Visit site
That MoBo belongs to the owner of a football club in Tottenham
And the virtual prize goes to......
Passed us just before Dartford Bridge doing 13 knots (according to the AIS). On the return trip 2 weeks later was still moored below Tower with the sides open. What a selection of Toys!! Aviva, Owned by Joe Spiers CEO of Spurs. Made my nephew very happy as he's a supporter (or should I not admit that?)

Tomahawk

Visit site
So how did you make it look as f the tower is pretty mch level with the water?

All Sants is at the top and of the mountain.... (read as much elevation as is possible on the East coast...)

And I was right... befire Mile

MikeBz

Visit site
So how did you make it look as f All Sants is at the top and of the mountain.... (read as much elevation as is possible on the East coast...)

It's often hard to tell whether a picture is taken with the camera pointing up or downhill, the steepness of inclines gets lost.

True, although you did say it can't be. ?

johnalison

Visit site
So how did you make it look as f the tower is pretty mch level with the water?

All Sants is at the top and of the mountain.... (read as much elevation as is possible on the East coast...)

I once went to a talk about the local area. The speaker started by saying "A lot of people think that Essex is flat and boring. In fact, it is slightly undulating and boring".