Just pictures

Nauti Fox

Ducatiproteam.co.uk
Cuxton this morning

271849094_10224164031466060_4461441369520470297_n.jpg

Frayed Knot

Visit site
A couple of suitably atmospheric pics from Waldringfield, taken about this time last year I think. The Hallberg 28 has been at Waldringfield for as long as I can remember & is now owned by Mark at the boatyard, as is the tug.

deo gratius

Visit site
Good to see the Vassal still afloat...I worked aboard, /around her as a lighterman for Vokins.
She's been much altered in the wheel box area .So good that she's not been turned into razor blades.

Frayed Knot

Visit site
Reading Homer’s Iliad, in translation of course, one gets a bit fed up with the ‘rosy-fingered dawn’, which seems to happen every day. Not only that, but ‘sailor’s warning’, but today looks OK.
“Red sky at night… light of shorter wave lengths is being dissipated by water vapour and atmospheric dust. Red sky in the morning… same.”
Borrowed from a set by Gary Delaney

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
Reading Homer’s Iliad, in translation of course, one gets a bit fed up with the ‘rosy-fingered dawn’, which seems to happen every day. Not only that, but ‘sailor’s warning’, but today looks OK.
"Pious Aeneus" in Virgil gets a bit wearing too, especially when he isn't. At least Homer varies his epithets a bit, and sometimes is very obviously using them for ironic effect! And yes, I too read them in translation, though I did hack my way through a bit of both the Odyssey and the Aeneid - 54 years ago! I can still remember the opening of book 2 of the Odyssey - "Then the noble, much enduring Odysseus...." though as 15 year olds, I think we were more interested in Nausicaa!

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
“Red sky at night… light of shorter wave lengths is being dissipated by water vapour and atmospheric dust. Red sky in the morning… same.”
Borrowed from a set by Gary Delaney
But apparently it is one of the few wise weather sayings that has some basis in reality, in wester Europe. Something to do with "red sky at night" indicating weather conditions to the west, which are likely to be heading our way.

johnalison

Visit site
MS Paint - to be found on every Windows PC - will do the job nicely.
Equally easy is MS Photos. Just 'open' a picture and 'resize' can be found in the menu three dots far right. Remember to file as a copy if you want to keep the original. Cropping and rotation can also be done, as well as other adjustments.