Just pictures

Habebty

Visit site
I wonder if it's programed to give way to sail.........
Theoretically yes, if in transit between survey sites, as it is not fully autonomous but controlled from a base like a drone with full camera fed video (I was chatting to one of the commissioning team, and that was how I understood things?) When surveying it will display the appropriate lights/shapes - (see the red-white-red on the mast). Not sure how it changes it's daytime shapes though?

I wonder if there will be a new category of vessel in the collision regs for unmanned vessels underway?

Reactions: GNS

Concerto

Visit site
View attachment 115536
From Classic Channel Regatta June 2019
The last time I did something like that was in a Round The Goodwins EAORA race on our Nicholson 30 in the early 1970's. I would have been about 16 years old at the time. We were reaching under spinnaker and decided to try partially setting the genoa underneath free from the luff groove rod forestay. The snap shackle came undone about level with the spreaders. Not to be defeated, we tried with the second genoa halyard for the same to happen. Without thinking I shinned up the mast and stood on the spreader and tried to catch a halyard but as we were healed doing about 6 knots, the halyard was too far away. All the boats close to us became quite interested, but kept clear. Knowing we still had several miles to the next turning mark, I requested the boat hook to be sent up on a flag halyard. It was fun undoing that whilst still holding on. Eventually I finally managed to retrieve a halyard and then went down to deck level. I got praised and told off by my parents. Then the reality of what I had done standing up there for about 15 minutes and my legs turned to jelly. We still ended up placed in class and high overall.

johnalison

Visit site
There are plenty of free photo editors which can reduce a photo's resolution.
free photo editor for pc - Google Search

This is probably the easiest for speed with a jpeg file and not learning how to use a program.
Compress JPEG Images Online - FreeConvert.com
Although I do it in Elements, you can do it just as easily in Windows 'Photos'. Click on the three dots on the right and you get the option to resize. Click on that and you have the choices shown including a custom size.
Untitled-1.jpgUntitled-2.jpg

Concerto

Visit site
Chatting with chriscorp by private message, he has downloaded GIMP as his laptop does not have Windows. He is going to search out some more photos to list.

I should mention we have not only met, but he and his wife have come sailing on Concerto and he is planning to buy a Fulmar later this year.

Black Diamond

Visit site
Thank you for that great photo, Chrishscorp, it's the mighty Woodwind of our parish. We're due to raft up with her at Folly Inn before the RTIR in July, as Roger is single-handing her down to Devon for this year's Channel Classics.

chrishscorp

Visit site
Thank you for that great photo, Chrishscorp, it's the mighty Woodwind of our parish. We're due to raft up with her at Folly Inn before the RTIR in July, as Roger is single-handing her down to Devon for this year's Channel Classics.

This thread appeared and I loved just flicking through the pics to be honest, I now realise its an east coast thread hence me not seeing it before, but if you east coasters dont mind I will find a few more, remind us what hopefully we have to look forward too this season fingers crossed. If Woodwind would like the original version very happy to send it to them :)

Yes the Admiral and I met Concerto and had a very pleasant sail on her, I did manage to show Roger how to sail his boat sideways which is something he has never done before, we are looking at either a Storm or a Fulmar but I think im leaning towards the Fulmar as i think the rear berth is more useable than the Storms.