Just pictures

Habebty

Visit site
No its right, holkham is between wells and scolt head. Its a fantastic cruising ground isn't it, numerous inlets and drying harbours to explore and nice little coast hops between. But need something that can dry out of course to make the most of it. I actually bought a £2500 23ft bilge keeler just to spend the summer up there with the wife and kids, could just about all sleep on it for a week on week off alternating with work over the summer, and then sold it in the autumn for about what I'd paid for it. No storage or maintenance fees. Compared to the price and what you get renting a cottage up there for even just a week I'd say that was a good method ;)
Aah, i see now, that’s the Burnham channel buoys not Wells channel?

Adios

Visit site
I think it's called something like a roll cloud. I saw a similar one in Germany in 2011, which I think I have shown previously.
That looks like the front edge of a squall though. The thing in Norfolk was just a cigar shaped cloud with nothing going on weather wise. Was quite odd

johnalison

Visit site
I often take pictures of clouds, especially if they look odd. This was off the Frisians. I presume that it was caused by two layers of air shearing. A sort of polyroll perhaps.
cruise '13 c (195) copy.jpg

Concerto

Visit site
This was a very unusual cloud formation near Start Point in Devon in June 2017. I have posted this before and see below the photo to see what change to the weather occured.

IMG_0745 1000pix.jpg

IMG_0746 1000pix.jpg

This was a cold front that dropped the air temperature by about 10C and brought thick fog.