Just pictures

ianc1200

Visit site
This is the “Good Intent” that I had in mind.

Good Intent – C.S.P.S

There is a story that she was laid aside in the Twenties because the deck was rotten and it had spread to the beam shelf, but when Puttifer looked at her he saw the rest of her was fine so he sawed round one strake down and built a new beam shelf, clamp, and beams and a new deck, fitted a house and sold her as a yacht. Originally clinker built, doubled before that time, single planked by Frank when he rebuilt her

There's a good model of her in the W&FYC clubhouse in the stairwell. Last I heard she was at Faversham needing repairs.

14K478

Visit site
There's a good model of her in the W&FYC clubhouse in the stairwell. Last I heard she was at Faversham needing repairs.
When Pat Conly had her she had a summer mooring at Ramsholt and in winter she laid up in the mud berth parallel to the road and nearest the clubhouse at WFYC. Well, he was Commodore...

Last edited:

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk

14K478

Visit site
“Edme” winning the Pin Mill Barge Match as usual, a couple of years ago. We were in Butterman’s Bay heading to seaward and we met the second placed barge in Harwich Harbour.

“Your Majesty, there is no second!” indeed!

Much credit to the Harman family.

Attachments

• IMG_0121.jpeg
    IMG_0121.jpeg
    646.6 KB · Views: 24

shanemax

Visit site
It is not so funny if the seal spends the night crapping in the dinghy. It happened to me last year. It is like a smelly, sticky glue that does not want to wash off. In the end I spent an hour up the shore trying to remove the stuff. A truly revolting job.

Frayed Knot

Visit site
It is not so funny if the seal spends the night crapping in the dinghy. It happened to me last year. It is like a smelly, sticky glue that does not want to wash off. In the end I spent an hour up the shore trying to remove the stuff. A truly revolting job.
I believe some glues used to be made from fish products - maybe this is where the recipe came from.