• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

Jolly Jacks , Mayflower Marina , Plymouth

jakeroyd

Those berthed in the marina will know 'Astras' ceased trading during the winter. 'Jolly Jacks opened on May 2nd , I think , in the old 'Astras' premises , no connection to the old business AFAIK.
Had ameal there last Thursday.
I can say I though it was pretty good. Prices about the same as before , not cheap , but not so expensive you are put off.
They are keping the meanu relatively brief , say 6 starters and 6 mains , plus the odd special on the blackboard.
So going by first impressions we will be going there again.

BlueChip

Those berthed in the marina will know 'Astras' ceased trading during the winter. 'Jolly Jacks opened on May 2nd , I think , in the old 'Astras' premises , no connection to the old business AFAIK.
Had ameal there last Thursday.
I can say I though it was pretty good. Prices about the same as before , not cheap , but not so expensive you are put off.
They are keping the meanu relatively brief , say 6 starters and 6 mains , plus the odd special on the blackboard.
So going by first impressions we will be going there again.
I've been stuck in Plymouth for some time now waiting for an end to the 7's in the forecast.
We've eaten there three times, consistently very good, in fact excellent and highly recomended.
As you say not cheap but high standards and very good value, the Megrem Sole was my favourite but the crab was a close second and I saw someone with the seafood platter and that looked excellent.
I only wish these people would relocate to Haslar.

Boreades

On the +ve side, Jolly Jacks has installed free WiFi, which is Jolly Useful if you need to catch on emails, etc while having a cup of coffee.

On the -ve side, they've not got a snack or children's menu any more. Which my children were not pleased with, so we rarely eat there any more.

fairboy

I liked it too. Not the most impresive, but decent, so definitely going back.