Join a crew in Cardiff

CardiffYacht

Visit site
I am aware that with the C19 thing going on there will not be anything going on now, but I would like to plan ahead for when the restrictions are lifted and we can get back on the water again.

I am based in Cardiff and I completed an RYA level 1 & 2 in 2019. I really enjoyed it and I was looking forward to April 2020 to get back on the water again, alas that did not happen!

I am looking to gain experience on a boat as part of a team for racing, leisure sailing... anything really. I am within a few miles of Cardiff Bay and I am fairly flexible for days/weekends. We may be a long way out for getting back to this sort of thing, but keep me in mind.

01_Anna

Visit site
PM me, I have a boat in Cardiff Bay; we ocassionally race, and I can introduce you to the "proper"racers in the club- they are ALWAYS looking for crew! :)
All this-after Covid-19 restrictions cease...hopefully in not too distant future...

CardiffYacht

Visit site
Thanks Anna. I cannot PM you as I am a new member, but I appreciate your message. When all this CV-19 stuff is lifted we can discuss the detail.

01_Anna

Visit site
I think there is a certain (minimum) number of posts which is a prerequisite, unfortunately I do not know , how many are required. It is just a few, I very seldom post-but have been reading the forum for many years.. I had to re-register, when the 82932984_10157692190288190_2552591770881884160_o.jpg"new" forum was launched-it kept my details, but not the registration. Perhaps-if you join one of the general discusions, the postings/PM criteria would be met?
I tried to attach photo, I hope it will show.

benjs86

Visit site
I’d love to throw my hat in the ring for this as well!
I’ve recently moved to Cardiff Bay and I’m looking to get out on the water in any capacity.
I completed my RYA CC last summer and now working on my day skipper theory and desperate to put those skill to use!

Ben

01_Anna

Visit site
Hello Ben,
we would definitely go sailing next weekend- weather permitting. You are most welcome to join. If you could PM me your email address, or phone number, it would be easier to send messages directly, and not via public forum. We have just checked the boat out yesterday- all seems to be well.
A picture says a thousand words ;)

Attachments

• IMG-20210417-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20210417-WA0006.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 21

benjs86

Visit site
Hi Anna,

That’s great news! I can’t send PMs yet due to being a newbie!
My email is benjs86@gmail.com
Next weekend is the only weekend I can’t do, It’s my birthday and have made plans. I hope there are plenty more to join you on!