John Apps talk at the Wivenhoe Sailing Club - Saturday 30th November

Independence

Visit site
The Wivenhoe Sailing Club is delighted to welcome John Apps to the club on Saturday 30th November to talk about his single-handed ocean sailing experience in boats mostly less than 30 feet

Known amongst his friends as the East Coast’s answer to Crocodile Dundee, John has crossed the Atlantic 3 times (twice in a yacht of only 27 feet), sailed the Pacific Ocean, been to the Southern Ocean via Greenland, Ascension Island and much more

During his talk John will be discussing his early days as a Jester Challenger, his Azores and Atlantic challenges

(Talk starts 7.30pm. Bar open from 7pm)

Gargleblaster

Visit site
I went to one there a couple of years ago when Paul Mead was talking about winning the JC14 to Newport and no tickets were required and someone actually bought me a free beer. So just turn up, I think.

Gitane

Visit site
An excellent and informative evening. Thank you John for a very entertaining presentation.

Great to see lots of familiar faces, some of which I have not seen for many years.

Gargleblaster

Visit site
I really enjoyed it. the first time I have tried to cover all my ocean sailing in one talk. Just sorry I couldn't find a crocodile in Wivenhoe in late November to wrestle.

I was amazed at the generosity of the attendees. I haven't counted the loose change yet but there was £85 in notes. I would say we managed to raise over £100 for the Junior Diabetes Research Fund.