Jet Skis... How about

Tomahawk

Visit site
As folks may have noticed.... I am no greenie. But how about

Electric instead of ICE powered jet skis?

When you think on it, they are the ideal candidate for an electric power unit.
High power, but very short range.
Taken home after every outing so easy to charge.

At least they wouldn’t be so noisey.

DanTribe

Visit site
But they wouldn't make enough noise to be as annoying, which seems to be the attraction for some users.
Not all, many PWC users are considerate.

Tomahawk

Visit site
Indeeee.
I was doing safety boat and bumbling about on the start line when a couple of Jet Skis came past. Chap on the first said to the other.... "we'll go over there (pointing to the far side of the river) and keep out of their way as they are racing".I took the trouble to thank him for being considerate.

Stemar

Visit site
They're no different from motor bikes on the road. They attract thrill seekers, who tend to be inconsiderate. A few yobs - there's one who, by the howl his bike makes, regularly pulls 9000rpm down my road at 5 am, and you forget the majority who go about their business without disturbing anyone.

JumbleDuck

Visit site
They're no different from motor bikes on the road. They attract thrill seekers, who tend to be inconsiderate.
I think it's a long, long time since motorbikes were the province of thrill seekers. Going by the many biker groups who stop at pubs here, there are almost all retired people.

When I was at university, 40-ish years ago, quite a few of my contemporaries had motorbikes because they were cheaper than cars. That biking demographic seems to have vanished almost entirely, save for a few teenagers on scooters.

Juan Twothree

Visit site
Indeeee.
I was doing safety boat and bumbling about on the start line when a couple of Jet Skis came past. Chap on the first said to the other.... "we'll go over there (pointing to the far side of the river) and keep out of their way as they are racing".I took the trouble to thank him for being considerate.

Twice now I've met jetskiers who were polite and considerate.

The odds of it happening a third time must be fairly remote.