• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

IN ADDITION it seems that conspiracy theories are finding their way onto the forum. This is not the place for such content. Users who post it may find their access limited or permanently suspended. Please leave it where you find it.

Jester Baltimore Challenge 2018 ?

CPD

Hi folks, Is there to be such an event in 2018 and has a date been set ?. I know 2018 is the Transatlantic event but I cant remember if the Baltimore trip is every year or if it fills in the gaps between the Atlantic/Azores trips. Many thanks all .....

zoidberg

There's nothing to stop you gathering a bunch of like-minded friends, and doing your own. That is entirely in keeping with the original ethos.

GraemeS

For what it's worth I'm intending to do Plymouth fastnet and back again non stop (or similar) in 2018 to build single handed miles. No dates as yet.

zoidberg

Why not stop a while in Baltimore or Crookhaven? You don't need a passport - yet....

GraemeS

Why not stop a while in Baltimore or Crookhaven? You don't need a passport - yet....
I want to do a 500 Nm non stop single handed trip so the idea is to go there and back in a extended sort of way. Also, if things get difficult I can always call in for a swift half before returning to Plymouth.

zoidberg

There is also the 'Rioja Raid', starting from Plymouth 29 July, which should meet the parameters and also have a number of Jester types along. See preceding thread....

GraemeS

There is also the 'Rioja Raid', starting from Plymouth 29 July, which should meet the parameters and also have a number of Jester types along. See preceding thread....
The Rioja Raid would have been fun but unfortunately I will not be able to get enough time of work for that this year. Plymouth Fastnet Plymouth will give me about 500Nm in a weeks (ish) leave.