• REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

Jester Azores Challenge

Laser_310

that 30fter looks twice as big as my 30fter...

Pogo make a nice boat - i got on a 12.50 for a tour, but didn't get a chance to sail

Gargleblaster

According to the convenor, Ewen Southby Tailyour the measurement of 30 feet is a Length on Deck measurement, so Bo-sprits, Windvane steering etc are excluded as are transom humg rudders.

In fact as there are no rules, most people accept all boat oddities.

zoidberg

P'rhaps just as well, as Ewen's own boat has a humungous bo-sprit..... :LOL:

Gitane

John Apps is the group administrator. He is a member of this forum although,come to think of it I have not seen any posts from him for some time. Will pm you his email address.
Would love to join the google group as well. Would you mind pm-ing John’s contact details to me as well please.

Thanks.

steve yates

An Invicta Mk1, built in Tonbridge in 1966. If you are still at Gillingham Marina walk east from The Strand until you come to the MCC Anchorage and it is the second on the right just inside the fence before the gate. I have just painted it bright yellow and left the masking tape on as I was due back but caught by the lockdown.
Ouch, speaking as one who spent 4 hours removing old masking tape I had left on after painting on my 18 footer. :) :)

hoppy1848

Hello, is the any further news on the Jester Challenge 2021? Are there dates etc? Is there a link to a information website? With thanks. Mike

Gargleblaster

There is no more news yet other than it will be in 2021 and run in conjunction with the Jester Baltimore Challenge which occurs around mid June to coincide with their Pirates Weekend.
I have sent you a Privae Message inviing you to the Jester Challenge Google Group.

markthebarr

There is no more news yet other than it will be in 2021 and run in conjunction with the Jester Baltimore Challenge which occurs around mid June to coincide with their Pirates Weekend.
I have sent you a Privae Message inviing you to the Jester Challenge Google Group.
Hi Gargleblaster, would you mind inviting me too? also interested in the Azores challenge next year and cant seem to figure out the private messages here yet!

Gargleblaster

Unfortunately, as you are new to this forum I can't send you a Private Message telling you my email address so I can invite you.
If you go to Google Groups and search for Jester Challenge you can then ask to join the group.
For anyone else wanting to join the Google Group who has more history on the YBW forums just sent me a PM with your email address and I will join you up.