James a Silvers

scandalpete

Visit site
Yes - I've been reading your posts with interest - brings back a lot of memories from a similar approach to the start of the restoration of Bodilla.
I only hope that after all the time on the interior fittings you don't find the hull too bad to continue. On Bodilla the external ballast keel was found to be a length of "U" shaped steel filled with an assortment of bits of steel offcuts and concrete which flexed when being lifted. Now she has a new length of 200mm square steel epoxy coated. So although she's been on dry land for some time at least her shape is being preserved. Pete

jstarmarine

Visit site
Hi Pete,
I am well aware of the condition of the hull and does not make too stressed. As being a wooden boat builder for 45 years. I know the size of the task ahead. I am sure there are going to be times I may feel why I am doing the boat. However, the time I feel will be worth the stress along the way to preserve a piece of history.
Regards
Simon

scandalpete

Visit site
I'm sorry - I didn't wish to insinuate that you didn't know what you were doing - I must have missed the fact that you've been a boat builder for so long. These projects take on a life of their own !!
I couldn't be more supportive of what you're doing.
Pete

jstarmarine

Visit site
Hi Pete
It is a bit of stress relief for me after other people's boats. It will be a great project with a lot of twists and turns asking the way