JAC16 Entry date

G12

Visit site
Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me what the latest I can enter the JAC16 is? I've got the time booked off work but I'm experiencing difficulties getting the boat ready (total lack of time) and I don't know if I'll make the start date. I emailed Ewen but he's on holiday at the mo according to his out of office reply. If I do get to go it'll be a last minute entry...

Thanks.
G.

Gargleblaster

Visit site
Usually you can enter right up until the last minute and if you are running late as long as you let Ewen know you can start late and still be accepted as a starter and finisher and have Ewen worry about whether or not you are lost at sea or just abandoned the race.

My advice would be to enter the race as there is nothing to lose if you can't make it. Try as hard as you can to get to Plymouth before the start and if not start at a time convenient to you. There are no rules, there are no fees and there are no penalties.

If you can make it to Plymouth a few two days before the start you will meet many of the other competitors and maybe learn the odd thing or two. Some people who haven't managed to get to the start line on time still try to participate in the pre race activities so they get to know some of the other competitors.

G12

Visit site
Ok thanks, I'll get entered then when Ewen gets back from his holiday.

I agree that it'd be great to meet everyone and learn a few things/see a few ideas. It's a large part of what these events are about really I think.