Jabsco manual toilet leaks on the water pump

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
This is the part Imperial Oil Seal 3/8" x 3/4" x 1/4" Single Lip | eBay

Jabsco don't list it seperately and you need to contact the seller prior to purchase to ask for a stainless steel spring.

Yes they do but a difficult search. For twist and lock, I buy 29044-3000 but the 2000 looks the same. Older toilets (pre-twist and lock) I think use 29044-0000
Search / Xylem JabscoShop - Jabsco & Rule Pumps and more - from the experts

Seals last longer if shaft smeared with silicone grease'

thinwater

sail-delmarva.blogspot.com
The best repair on Jabsco manual toilets is often to replace the pump unit. It's typically about $100 in the US, is a fast an easy swap, and gives you, functionally, a new head. Yes, that is almost the price of a new head, but it's an easier swap.

501200.jpg

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
Others have pretty much covered everything. I used to buy the lip seals from the local Bearing Services place and they were so cheap I'd buy 10 about 20 years ago. I simply checked the part no. on the existing seal. I'd bet it is much harder to replace on new units to make you buy an expensive genuine part. I haven't looked recently.

It is pretty easy to spot a leaky seal because the water comes out of from the shaft on the upstroke. Water dribbling from the lip at the front of the top cover indicates a leak in this part. Sometimes you can just nip up the 6 top screws slightly and it can also be a badly aligned gasket/valve part inside. The latter usually only happens after recent assembly. I usually hold a tissue at the lowest part of the lip and it will get wet on pumping if the top part isn't sealing. If these checks fail then it might be a crack.

lustyd

Visit site
I've not found Jabsco parts to be particularly overpriced. The fact that they've kept all the fittings compatible for so long suggests they are much more consumer friendly than that.