Jabsco Lite Flush not flushing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sealegsjim

Visit site
My Jabsco Lite Flush which is just over a year old and used only for pees has stopped flushing. It fills up without a problem but on the flush cycle it pumps in water as normal and then it just makes a whimpering noise and then nothing. Does anyone have any ideas please. If it needs a new flush pump I see that it is listed at an eye watering £247. Thanks in advance.

VicS

Visit site
My Jabsco Lite Flush which is just over a year old and used only for pees has stopped flushing. It fills up without a problem but on the flush cycle it pumps in water as normal and then it just makes a whimpering noise and then nothing. Does anyone have any ideas please. If it needs a new flush pump I see that it is listed at an eye watering £247. Thanks in advance.

Something on here recently about a LiteFlush becoming very noisy ........ suspected partial failure of the belt driven pulley in the waste pump ....... maybe yours has failed / belt failed / belt come off
Something to investigate because a complete new waste pump assembly is, as you have discovered, expensive but a pulley and belt kit is only £31 Especially if you can hear the motor running

sealegsjim

Visit site
Thanks for that VicS. I have taken it apart and the drive belt has snapped. I am trying to locate a new and hopefully stronger belt but I don't need the new pulleys which come with the Jabsco belt at £31

asteven221

Visit site
I started another thread a couple of weeks ago on this very subject, but as this one is more recent I will add my comments as it will hopefully help others.

I stripped the toilet at the weekend and it's an unpleasant pita but not very difficult. Next time it will be a lot quicker. After I had completely uninstalled the toilet, including disconnecting the wiring, I sussed out that I didn't have to remove the whole toilet. If there is a next time, I will do the job in situ. The following is the process.

Undo the hose clip and remove the rubber outlet hose from the toilet. That's easier and means you won't have to disturb the elbow bend that houses the joker valve. I split that housing which on my installation was a mistake and gave me more work, although it gave me a chance to clean the joker valve. Then remove the inlet hose. Replacing the belt without removing the whole toilet also means I won't have to disconnect the wiring from the junction box or disturb the foot switch..

With that done, you should be able to undo a couple of small screws to take of a plastic bracket that's at the rear of the bowl, two plastic hose clips and a sliding retainer that lets you pull out the elbow bend and remove rubber hose. Then twist the bowl, lift it off and all the internal gubbins will be there in front of you to take apart and replace the belt. Now I know what to do I reckon I could do the whole job on about 40 mins. I did see on another forum that someone took the rinse pump out the toilet altogether and installed it outside the toilet in separate housing. That would make changing the belt a good bit quicker, however I am not sure it's worth the effort, as changing the belt is pretty easy and quick once you have done it once.

I must say a big thanks to Rogershaw and his post as the following link got me the belts at a fraction of the Jabsco cost. £1.50 for the direct replacement, however I also got the 9mm wide belt to see if that would offer a better longer term fix. It fitted perfectly and after I put the toilet back together, the whole thing was a lot quieter than it had been previously from new. I can only assume that from new, the belt maybe jumped on the pulley. Not sure but it's a heck of a lot quieter. Time will tell how good the 9mm belt is, but there is obviously another 3mm of material so it should be stronger. As they were so cheap I just ordered another 3 just in case. The 9mm was about £1.75!! A tip is to pop the spare belts in to the internals of the toilet to store them and save you hunting for them if there is a next time!!

270-3M-06 HTD Timing Belt 3mm Pitch, 90 Teeth, 6mm Wide, 270mm Length

rogerthebodger

Visit site
asteven221

Glad to help and thanks for the posting. A great insight and will be help for others.

I never buy from the spares from original equipment if I can as the profit margin is out of this world and in most cases are standard and available local.

OK there can be some special bits like diaphragm and valve flaps.

Jokani

Visit site
'I also got the 9mm wide belt to see if that would offer a better longer term fix. It fitted perfectly and after I put the toilet back together'

Could you please provide a link to the 9mm wide wide, I'm struggling to find it. TA

Status
Not open for further replies.