Jabsco 0.65l accumulator

Quiddle

Visit site
Anyone got experienceof reassembling one if these? Mine started leaking at the flange between the two halves and the accumulator stopped accumulating. I opened it up, cleaned out the bladder and could find no sign of damage. Reassembled, it now accumulates but continues to weep at the flange. There seemed to be no positive seating of the bladder seal when assembling and, AFAIK, Jabsco don't supply replacement bladders. Can this be got back together or is it non-user servicable?

VicS

Visit site
Nobody done this?
No, but how successfully you can seal the joint will depend upon how bad the surfaces are. You are the only one in a position to judge

I assume the rim of the bladder is trapped between the two halves of the accumulator. You will have to clean up and prepare the joint faces just as you would any other joint and use a sealant on both. It's just as important to get the air side leak free or you'll end up with the pump keep cutting in even if there's no water leak

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
I was assuming yours to be a metal one, as mine is, but on checking I see Jabsco do a plastic one that seems to be screwed together. I guess this could be maintained but perhaps not the metal ones.