It's official we can now go sailing again!

Seven Spades

Visit site
The only set back is that you can only go sailing with your family. Boris says "you can even play sports alone or with your family" he also said you can drive your car to do so.

Now will the people who like to throw their weight around seek to interpret this in any way possible to deny us access to our sport.

Last edited:

Dutch01527

Visit site
Great, I can go sailing again..... wait a minute, my boat is in Cardiff and it sounds like they are planning to shoot visitors on sight!

bdh198

Visit site
Hopefully he’ll now amend to Regulations to make it unambiguously clear that ‘playing sport with members of the same household ’ is a reasonable excuse.

Bobc

Visit site
Don't be surprised to find showers closed, and don't be surprised if marinas are not open to visiting yachts.

But at least we can now go to our boats and go sailing.

Vicarage

Visit site
MDL have just emailed all berth holders to say that they "look forward to welcoming people coming to perform maintenance and security checks on their boats", but they also said that as far as they were concerned recreational boating was still banned (and blamed port authorities?!).
They also said "we’ll be making an exciting announcement that underpins all of the reasons for continuing to berth with MDL" which I'm hoping is a nice rebate on two months of berthing. Bet it'll just be a shower refurbishment though.

Babylon

Visit site
Does this mean I can drive down to the South Coast, access my boat from a yacht-club, marina or slipway (had the foresight to take the inflatable and outboard home), drop her mooring-lines and sail to Newtown Creek to anchor, then go ashore with the puppy for a walk - later stop in at Yarmouth for victuals before heading for Studland Bay to anchor, etc?

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site
Does this mean I can drive down to the South Coast, access my boat from a yacht-club, marina or slipway (had the foresight to take the inflatable and outboard home), drop her mooring-lines and sail to Newtown Creek to anchor, then go ashore with the puppy for a walk - later stop in at Yarmouth for victuals before heading for Studland Bay to anchor, etc?

I wonder if the likes of Yarmouth or Bembridge will limit rafting on the grounds of social distancing