It's awfully boring on here at the mo;

aztec

Visit site
Re: It\'s awfully boring on here at the mo;

Hi Tony,

right ... question for you.

if... and only if... i was to bring my boat up to Henley next yer, where could i moor it?

not at all familiar with that area, i would only need a patch of bank and something to tie onto. anything like that there, or is that reserved for us carrot crunchers?

cheers, all the best. steve.

Steve Clayton

www.aloeland.co.uk

Via Copas Brothers

http://www.copas.co.uk/regatta/moorings/boat_moorings.asp

You get (or at least did in the late '90's) a car park pass for you and 1 guest car park pass for the whole Henley week.

There is a field just below the Managment centre (towards Henley) where we moored for our first year attending. Difficult to get all the provisions to the boat there so we switched to Copas services for subsequent years.

Steve Clayton

www.aloeland.co.uk

Via Copas Brothers

http://www.copas.co.uk/regatta/moorings/boat_moorings.asp

You get (or at least did in the late '90's) a car park pass for you and 1 guest car park pass for the whole Henley week.

There is a field just next to the Managment centre (towards Henley) where we moored for our first year attending. Difficult to get all the provisions to the boat there so we switched to Copas services for subsequent years.

Chris_d

Visit site

Blimey thats expensive, we normaly do Henley but don't pay if we can help it, normaly on free moorings on the Shiplake reach overnight and stop at the Council park all day in Henley, leave just as the attendant arrives about 6:30 to collect the fee (£50 /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif). You can then moor to the piles for the Saturday night fireworks and even stay the night there, but we usualy return to the Shiplake reach and find a mooring ok.

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
Tight or wot

[ QUOTE ]
Blimey thats expensive, we normaly do Henley but don't pay if we can help it, normaly on free moorings on the Shiplake reach overnight and stop at the Council park all day in Henley, leave just as the attendant arrives about 6:30 to collect the fee (£50 /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif). You can then moor to the piles for the Saturday night fireworks and even stay the night there, but we usualy return to the Shiplake reach and find a mooring ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm and how much did your boat cost ??

Chris_d

Visit site
Re: Tight or wot

The least I could get it for of course /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You don't consider the daily rate at Remenham farm for a 10m boat of £110 a day a touch pricey?
Actualy though for £320 a week that is very good for Henley, if you are inviting people down every day, its good value.

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com

[ QUOTE ]
The least I could get it for of course /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You don't consider the daily rate at Remenham farm for a 10m boat of £110 a day a touch pricey?
Actualy though for £320 a week that is very good for Henley, if you are inviting people down every day, its good value.

[/ QUOTE ]

specially if you charge them !!!

Gavi

Visit site

someone forgot to delete realworld.exe

to much work going on - sorry

Steve Clayton

www.aloeland.co.uk

We did Henley for about 6 years running in the '90's. Move up from T&K on the Tuesday, having got the mooring with Copas, and go back on the Sunday afternoon with a hangover from the Saturday night!!!

It was entertainment all the way. We lived six miles from Henley so could go home for the night or stay on board with guests for the following day bringing lunch, bbq bits, drinks, etc.

Anybody out there own Lady "Y"; we rafted up with them one year and had a fantastic Saturday night /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

aztec

Visit site

cheers Chris... sounds like we need to chat!

i searched for Shiplake reach, but could only find some very fine art.... hmm...

where's it at?.. and could i get lifted in there?... and is there a pub... so many questions....

i'd be looking to trailer my boat there, either float it off, or get it lifted. stay for the week (free moorings?) then lift out and home to boast/name drop/pretend i'm posh etc....

any advice greatly recieved.

thanks to the other posters too.

steve.

Chris_d

Visit site

Hello Steve,
i refered to the Shiplake reach as the bit of river between Shiplake and Henley(Marsh) lock.
Your plan sounds fine, there are many places to moor without getting financialy crippled up and down stream of Henley, mostly upstream, free EA moorings at Wargrave, islands and banks above Shiplake lock all free, with a small boat you can nearly always nudge in somewhere.
Probably the best place to launch from would be Val-Wyats at Wargrave, I think you can park a tralier there no problem.

Let me know if need any local info'
regards
Chris

byron

RIP
Visit site

Lady Y is owned by Brian & Eve Shepherd, great couple and game for a laugh. They moor at UTMYC at Sonning.

byron

RIP
Visit site

Stevie, there's a slip way just down from Hambledon Lock you can use. You can also use the one here at home, leave your car & trailer safely, problem is its a 4½ hour run from here to Henley, maybe more when Regatta is on. With a small boat you can always sneak in somewhere and I can give you the phone number of a mate who's always there and never seems to pay for moorings, that is if you can handle the partying that goes on all the time in his company.

Hirdsp

Visit site

Amazing how we slate them most of the year, but pay £100's pounds to sit and watch them!! (Robos that is!) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

aztec

Visit site

I'm a bit out of practice on the partying front, but i'm sure i'll get back into the swing of it!

thanks for the offer. sent you a message, but i can't remember which thread... i think it was Thames Rally/danger of stalling one..

anyway, i need to get the boat finished, and get transport organised. i think that i have found a suitable trailer for her, so that may be in hand.

cheers again.

steve.

aztec

Visit site

what robo's?

i go for the atmosphere,boats, pretty girls, champers and lobster.

(not necessarily in that order!)

steve.

Chris_d

Visit site

Nobody goes to Henley to watch the rowing do they?
I go virtualy every year but haven't watched a race yet, and I used to row!