Is there a joining protocol?

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Hi all

As you can see from my profile I live in Norfolk and keep my boat in Brightlingsea. I am involved with the East Coast Branch of the RNSA (as Sec 'cause no one else wants to! - not really) but want to join up with others at weekend and on trips as well.

Is there a protocol to being part of this forum?

Peter

D3B

www.cutting-solutions.co.uk
and of course you get to meet a few of us stink pots occasionally /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But welcome. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm still seriously thinking of blasting over in May....knowing my luck i will arrive the wrong B/H weekend /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
I did ask a certain very frequent posting forumite if they would like to crew....not sure i got a confirmation on that. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Doug

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Should add, that one of the most popular East Coast get togethers is an annual run over to Oostende for the last Bank Holiday weekend in May.....

We also meet up fairly regularly throughout the summer, and many of us are regular visitors to Brightlingsea, West Mersea and the Blackwater.... keep an eye out on here for details....

Sixpence

Visit site
Hi Pete , sorry I'm a bit late getting back to you , but I'm the baby of the east coasters with total novice status /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif sorry Jim /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif , good to hear from another mud slugger

FullCircle

Visit site
I note your interest in a joining protocol.
Cascamite works well on Wood
Epoxy resin works well on Wood and GRP
Poylester Resin works well on GRP
Araldite works well on plastics and metals

But best of all Adnams, Duvel and Red Wine works for the East Coasters. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What amazed me about this post was that anyone could think it is some kind of private club.

This forum was setup as the very friendly East Coasters had started organising a few events on weekend and in weekday opubs, and this was a good place to spread the word.

We all met on the YBW forums in the last 2-3 years, and I believe its a runaway success. We all seem to do our own thing and are not tied to anything. If you turn up, good. If you dont, we will see you next time!

Hey, you dont even have to have a boat!

beancounter

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

What amazed me about this post was that anyone could think it is some kind of private club.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww shucks...there was me thinking I'd finally found a club that would have me as a member...

beancounter

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
But best of all Adnams, Duvel and Red Wine works for the East Coasters. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes all in the same glass...