Is there a full keel boat with steps on the transom?

river251

Visit site
I know this is a long shot. The two features seem to be from different design philosophies or eras. A few modern hulls have steps or a bathing platform molded into the transom. Examples are linked below. It seems like a good way to get into the tender. But I'm pretty committed to a full keel, maybe a fin keel and skeg-hung rudder. I wonder if there is a full keel boat with a platform or steps on the transom?

Thanks very much.

Boat Holidays, Yacht charter & Boat Rental | Zizoo

Oyster 675 | 70 Foot Ocean Sailboat For Sale | Oyster Yachts

Oyster Yachts Saved by Software Entrepreneur Richard Hadida | Cruising Compass

Last edited:

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
You can add a bathing platform and steps to the transom of almost any boat. A little imagination and sketching of what you want. A good stainless fabricator and some teak boards etc for the platform and a half decent shipwright and it will look as though it was designed to be there from the day the boat was built.

Why you’re so struck on a long keel is another question. There are good reasons why virtually no boat builders build long keeled boats any more. A well designed fullish fin sails faster and handles better without the vices of a long keel. It can track just as well, heave to just as well, and if your really worried about rudder protection, get a boat with a skeg.
Then design and get added your boarding platform/bathing platform and steps up the transom. Find a good fabricator and it’s nowhere near as expensive as you’d imagine.