Is the Caribbean a solution to 90/180?

syvictoria

Visit site
BTW. My original political post was an attack against Brussels idiocy and its effect on my sailing. I did not attack that mess of baggywrinkle who personnally attacked me.

Nothing in Brussels has changed. It's the UK's position that has changed. I know that it's a tiresome expression, but we've left the club. Horse, stable door, all that...

For you personally, wouldn't taking dual citizenship resolve most/all of your post-Brexit cruising issues? I think I recall you mentioning elsewhere on here that you're eligible, having been a resident in Sweden for so long?

Baggywrinkle

Ammersee, Bavaria / Adriatic & Free to roam Europe
Visit site
After the obvious and nasty attack on this thread that absolutely needed defending can the rest of this thread focus on the title. Start your own thread if you insist on political statements. In fact FO to the lounge with them.

BTW. My original political post was an attack against Brussels idiocy and its effect on my sailing. I did not attack that mess of baggywrinkle who personnally attacked me.

OK, firstly, sorry if you felt personally attacked. That was not my intention and going back over what I wrote there is not a lot in there that would even come close to a personal attack IMO. I assume therefore that you are upset at losing your FoM and now being trapped in order to keep your residence - and rightly so. The fact remains though, had the UK voted remain then you'd be fine - the choice to leave had nothing to do with "Brussels" and everything to do with the Referendum and the subsequent UK government red-lines and negotiations. We could have had a Norway deal - then you`d be fine.

You also made a political statement about the EU, which was false IMO, so I responded to try and clarify the situation ... "I blame the power crazy fools in Brussels for placing 27 far flung countries under a collective 3 month tourist limit " is a blatant misrepresentation - it was the member countries themselves that chose to do this, not some autocrat in "Brussels" - every individual country is free to invite whoever they like to visit, and to negotiate extended stays with non-EU countries, but Greece can't invite RoW citizens to stay in Italy and vice-versa - hence the Schengen 90/180 - how else do you grant FoM to EU nationals, allow EU countries the freedom to run their own visa systems, but prevent RoW citizens then abusing visa rules to obtain FoM in other EU countries? 90/180 all makes perfect logical sense and is the best compromise, as so many EU rules are.

Brexit has affected your sailing - end of story. "Brussels" was never going to entertain the Leave campaigns "cakeism" stance, if you couldn't see that then I'm sorry, but it was obvious to around 48% of the electorate. The rules exist, have been in place for 36 years, and the UK chose to move from EU member state to 3rd country with a set of red lines that had only one logical outcome.

Did "Brussels" post this?

1611073537065.png

Last edited:

steve yates

Visit site
After the obvious and nasty attack on this thread that absolutely needed defending can the rest of this thread focus on the title. Start your own thread if you insist on political statements. In fact FO to the lounge with them.
I think you'll find that you started the political element with a rant about the eu 27. Baggywrinkle did not attack you at all, he posted a clear and well thought out argument for why you were wrong about your rant. Personal attack it certainly was not! If you dont want the politics discussed, dont bring them up, and once they have reared their heads, dont keep posting about it to defend your ideas while requesting that folk stop discussing it, thats just ridiculous. Its a really useful and interesting thread you started, so if you dont want it to degenerate, give it up and stick to the topic, otherwise when it goes boobs up you have only yourself to blame.