Is it a bird…? Is it a plane…?

bdh198

Visit site
No, it’s a crazy fool walking along a tightrope strung across my planned anchorage in Elender Cove in Salcombe!

6C74750D-5309-4005-9A77-312338AD8850.jpeg

Seriously though, this was strung across the cove from Gammon Head to the opposite side of the cove effectively cutting off the entrance to a high masted vessel (my mast height is 17 meters). The wire was only about 20 meters from water level, and when the weight of the tightrope walker was on it, it sunk much lower. They had no one on the water warning people of this danger to navigation, and having studied the chart before entering my attention was not focused skywards. I was lucky to catch a glimpse of the wire as I entered, otherwise there could have been a very serious incident. I guess it goes to show that dangers to navigation can come in many different forms and why remembering to keep your eyeballs out of the cockpit (and not absorbed on an electronic chart or what your crew are doing) is so important.

Snowgoose-1

Visit site
Bizarre. Clearly normal life is a bit too boring for him. Great pic.
Great if your windex needs replacing if you could get in the right place for him.