Is anyone concerned about the inevitable French fishing boat anger.after Brexit.

NotBirdseye

Visit site
Trouble with that is those pesky little fish have a habit of swimming all over the place. If the buggers would only stay still........endex :) everyone's a winner

That's actually how marine conservation zones are supposed to work. They're supposed to reduce catch and allow fish respite.

dulls

N/A
Visit site
When did you last encounter them? I've kept my boat in Brittany since 2013 and the increasing antipathy of the French to Brits is obvious. Marina staff who speak perfect English now frown and shrug when a Brit starts up a conversation without attempting French. I was insulted by two drunk fisherman in L'Aber Wrach before I'd said a word whilst my Irish crew was warmly welcomed. Brits will end up as welcome as Germans in Greece: tolerated for their money and reviled behind their backs.
So our relationship has always been shallow then?

Sharky34

Visit site
I think you've missed the point. If the fish blockaders succeed, there won't be any fish available for the fish eaters to buy.
So French housewives will be going on strike then, demanding their quota of fish, can't see fish eaters letting a few stroppy matelots get away with banning their favourite grub.

dom

Visit site
Welcome to my YBW ignore list BTW.
You're in good company.
Never know, your previous forum identity might already be on there.

Indeed, the fleeting souls banished from the Lounge who must now hone a new identity in this virtual purgatory before eventual readmission.

[163233]

Visit site
WTF Do people think will happen? The UK Gov will sell fishing rights to the highest bidder and that will be the French, the Japanese, or the Norwegians.

Sure the UK will celebrate the control of the fish, while the financial sector that we all depend on is cut off from Europe.

Well done, great job, enjoy your damned fish.

dom

Visit site
WTF Do people think will happen? The UK Gov will sell fishing rights to the highest bidder and that will be the French, the Japanese, or the Norwegians.

Sure the UK will celebrate the control of the fish, while the financial sector that we all depend on is cut off from Europe.

Well done, great job, enjoy your damned fish.

Thanks for that !! However as someone involved in the running of such a financial firm, I’m suspecting the future will be brighter than many suspect; considerably so in fact :)

Greemble

www.lowestoftcruisingclub.co.uk
Thanks for that !! However as someone involved in the running of such a financial firm, I’m suspecting the future will be brighter than many suspect; considerably so in fact :)
All the Russian money to launder?
Tax haven from those EU bureaucrats wanting to know how much wealth a person or company actually has?

dom

Visit site
Hey Mr. Pot, what colour did you just say the kettle is?

You must mean Germany‘s Wirecard or perhaps the Danish money laundering racket busted by the FBI and other foreign powers?

This endless anti-UK political propaganda should be seen for what it is, and it is very much seen by the vast majority.