Invincible myth !

Seajet

Visit site
I have only just learned, there was a myth going around during the Falklands War that the Argentinians managed to sink the aircraft carrier HMS Invincible, and she was hurriedly, secretly replaced by the newly completed ' Illustious ', hurried south and re-badged !

Apart from the disrespect to people on both sides, and my happening to know aircrew on both ships, this comes under the ' they could not make it up but someone did ! ' category...

If anyone can secretly build and fit out a new 26,000 ton aircraft carrier in a month or two, they ought to be masters of the universe not just around here...

I hasten to say no-one takes this seriously, just an amazing example of the difference between PR/ Sales / Propaganda people and the real people ' on the job ' :rolleyes:

nauticalnomad

Visit site
I have only just learned, there was a myth going around during the Falklands War that the Argentinians managed to sink the aircraft carrier HMS Invincible, and she was hurriedly, secretly replaced by the newly completed ' Illustious ', hurried south and re-badged !

Apart from the disrespect to people on both sides, and my happening to know aircrew on both ships, this comes under the ' they could not make it up but someone did ! ' category...

If anyone can secretly build and fit out a new 26,000 ton aircraft carrier in a month or two, they ought to be masters of the universe not just around here...

I hasten to say no-one takes this seriously, just an amazing example of the difference between PR/ Sales / Propaganda people and the real people ' on the job ' :rolleyes:

Yet people still watch the news and chant about how the Muslims are causing wars and bla bla bla.. Its great how propaganda works and that people only repeat whats fed into their heads..

jerrytug

N/A
Visit site
Yet people still watch the news and chant about how the Muslims are causing wars and bla bla bla.. Its great how propaganda works and that people only repeat whats fed into their heads..

Oh it's just not fair on the poor misrepresented religion of peace, bless its little cotton socks.

nauticalnomad

Visit site
Oh it's just not fair on the poor misrepresented religion of peace, bless its little cotton socks.

Yeah and 2000 years ago your religion which you have no choice at birth when indoctrinated into has already done its conquering and so forth to which the media makes you think that Islam is doing in this day and age...