Interior cushion seats feerrr small boats ?

Ben Dockrell 22

Visit site
Goodafternoon :)

Can anyone help me to find out where i can lay my hands on cushions suitable for a small boat ?

The ones that came with the dockrell are somewhat similar to what we see on buses though i note sadly you cant remove the bus ones! :D

VicS

Visit site
I made mine.

fabric thread and zips all came from Toomer and Hayter.
Hawke House is another recommended supplier.

Foam from Foam for Comfort

If you but cheap foam from an ebay source be sure its flame retardant and also firm rather than soft, but not too firm.

Either of the above firms will make them for you I beleive
If you are in the Chichester area also try Cover Care in Thornham marina

Last edited:

VicS

Visit site
I'm impressed, but how did you acquire the necessary skills? Training course, good instruction book or did it just come naturally?

What you see is the second generation.
So some experience gained making the originals but also benefiting from an upholstery evening class done in between whiles.

Ben Dockrell 22

Visit site
I made mine.

fabric thread and zips all came from Toomer and Hayter.
Hawke House is another recommended supplier.

Foam from Foam for Comfort

If you but cheap foam from an ebay source be sure its flame retardant and also firm rather than soft, but not too firm.

Either of the above firms will make them for you I beleive
If you are in the Chichester area also try Cover Care in Thornham marina

Hello VicS and may i say thank-you for the information much appreciated :)

Ben Dockrell 22

Visit site
Ah i too think its best to learn what can be learned of such skills, had not thought about this part of process before so to speak though yes best to learn all thats possible.

I dont know about you Vic though for a short while we did do kneedlework in school,this may show the times we lived in but we boys appeared a little put out by this, someone asked isnt this for girls miss ? no everyone can do it miss replied i think deliberately dogding the point. ;)

Ben Dockrell 22

Visit site
Recently i tried the new "push in" type sewing needles which have the open end rather than the eye, these break very easily i found, one side or other of the open end breaks off. wasted money!

ianj99

Visit site
Goodafternoon :)

Can anyone help me to find out where i can lay my hands on cushions suitable for a small boat ?

The ones that came with the dockrell are somewhat similar to what we see on buses though i note sadly you cant remove the bus ones! :D

I recently received my new cushions from Leeds based http://foamforcomfort.co.uk

They are well made with high quality faux leather look vinyl.

I simply emailed them diagrams of the cushions with dimensions of each side.

They have an online pricing tool.