Interesting result in the case of one of the Trotman slum barges

Northern Star

Visit site
It is the way to go and hammer them with the same regulations that all other businesses have to adhere to.

No doubt there may also be a few new covid laws that can be applied with relevant fines too.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Drop in the ocean compared to the income generated over the last 10+ years by the boats. That's got to be well into the millions. Most of it profit as no mooring fees to pay and very little maintenance if any.

A goldmine. Intriguing nobody else has copied the model.

normskib

Visit site
Noticed a thread about it on canalworld.

The link to the article is here.

Surrey Fire and Rescue Service wins landmark court case against unsafe vessel on River Thames

I wonder what the actual outcome will be. Will the River eventually be rid of the terrible rubbish barges one day ?
Pour encourager les autres? I doubt the court will see the cash.
My guess It won’t make the slightest difference to Trotman / Rackman’s slum empire as before Lots of hot air Sabre rattling etc but in end no action taken nothing changes.

Actionmat

Visit site
Over a dozen years of chasing him through the courts and all they've done him for is mooring in the lock cut. He's still operating those boats from Hurst Park and Queens Promenade

Chris_d

Visit site
Over a dozen years of chasing him through the courts and all they've done him for is mooring in the lock cut. He's still operating those boats from Hurst Park and Queens Promenade
Said like that it seems insignificant but remember they convicted Al Capone for Tax evasion!
He does now have a criminal record.