Insurance....

Sandy

Visit site
It might be worth talking to your insurance company directly and negotiating a one off trip.

I wonder what the COVID quarantine requirements will be next summer.

I've bailed out of doing either the Jester or even tagging along due to a number of reasons, one of them is not being stuck onboard for 14/28 days due to the need to quarantine.

pandos

Visit site
I wonder what the COVID quarantine requirements will be next summer.

I've bailed out of doing either the Jester or even tagging along due to a number of reasons, one of them is not being stuck onboard for 14/28 days due to the need to quarantine.
I think the Covid regime will be present but less restricted than this year. Certainly between uk and ireland will be reasonably benign.

Azores may be different but in reality it will be a case of provisioning for 30 days and if not allowed ashore then turn tail and head home...

Anyway it see it as a way to focus my mind to getting boat back in shape ready for water as soon as possible...and fully prepped for solo long distance...

whether I get to use it will be another thing....but around September I might take it to the med so no wasted efforts eithrrwa

pandos

Visit site
Mine offered 3rd party only for the actual trip, but fully insured at both ends.
That's interesting. My renewal is I. May...and the brokers .... Y Yachts ins......have been bought out so things in flux any-way..so I'll just need to sit tight to see what pans out...but 3rd party would at least allow some peace of mind from officialdom at the extremities....

Laser310

Visit site
many places are counting time on the boat under passage as quarantine - you leave with a negative test.., spend 10 days alone on the boat.., you are good to go when you arrive - maybe get another test, but that's it.