• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

IN ADDITION it seems that conspiracy theories are finding their way onto the forum. This is not the place for such content. Users who post it may find their access limited or permanently suspended. Please leave it where you find it.

Insurance

moonchaser

have you or anyone you are aware of ever filed a claim with edward william & what was the experience? were you placed with northern reef yacht insurance co?

moonchaser

had bad experience with insurance company based in spain, represented by a british agency, after hurricane ivan. had purchased coverage through seawise international agency of england, underwritten by cic insurance co. after extensive damage in ivan i was denyed coverage, although i had been issued a policy by cic. they stated that there reprsentative, frank sherman of seawise, had placed my requested & paid annual premiun in an escrow account, paid the first & second months premium, then stopped payment & kept the money himself. the policy was canceled, frank was notified, i was not, & cic claimed no responcibility. i later became aware of numerous other persons in the same boat as i. cic did contract a local surveyor in grenada, bob goodchild of flying fish survey co. to inspect my damage. bob did a first rate job & went all out to assist me & did in fact apply for & recieve some outside monitary aid from a antigua based sailing organization on my behalf. neither i, nor any of the other insureds of seawise or cic ever got a dime from either. mr. sherman was arrested in england but i have no firther info.