Insurance "Third Party Only"

co256

worldwidewaites.blogspot.com
Has anyone bought "Third Party Only" insurance for single handed, beyond UK waters?

At the budget end of the sailing world I am happy to take my chances with the elements and any responsibility for whatever happens.

However, if I arrive in Newport or wherever and bump something (Americans love to sue) or need a lift out for my own sake, I would need insurance before anyone would entertain me.

If you have this cover, or have had, I would appreciate knowing who the provider is/was.

Many thanks

Gargleblaster

Visit site
In 2010 I took out insurance with Edward William to cover my trip to Newport. It was comprehensive and the third party element dropped from 2 million to 300,000 when I entered US waters. I think in total it cost me something over £300. Roger Fitz I believed was also insured by Edward William that year when he hit the rocks on the right [east] of Narragansett Bay on entering in fog. I understand also that Edward William paid out on that occasion, but you might want to check with Roger who I don't think inhabits this forum but can be found on the Jester Yahoo Group.

G12

Visit site
I've just had Pantaenius turn me down for single handed in the JAC this year, bearing in mind that I'm already insured with them for unlimited single handed in my current areas. They're only offering 3rd party. That's a huge spanner in the works. I'm not going underinsured.

Anyone got any suggestions as to who to turn to?