Insurance renewal

Baddox

Visit site
I use them, although I’ve not needed to make a claim with them. Renewing has been easy each time and they were quick to respond to questions about flexibility in the areas covered.

Gixer

Visit site
Just renewed though Compare Boat Insurance site, good price and no survey needed.

Spirit (of Glenans)

Visit site
I'm with Craftinsure. I had one claim. The boat was examined by their appointed surveyor and the claim was resolved with no quibble.
My only reservation is that on a standard policy I am not covered for single-handing, but I am sure this could be accommodated on payment of a small fee.

awol

Visit site
Could I ask does any members use ‘ craftinsure ‘ or other recommendations for renewal.
Thanks
Variables include type of vessel, mooring, cruising area, value, use (racing/charter/single-handed), experience, other claims, etc.. Different companies have underwriters with different views on these factors. Lowest price almost certainly means lower cover while highest price may not necessarily cover your circumstances. I am covered by Pantaenius, definitely NOT the cheapest (but cheaper than Y for my requirements) but the cover meets all my needs and their response to claims* and changes to cover have been exemplary.
* Not just mine!

oldmanofthehills

Visit site
I used craftinsure but stopped as they then obscurely listed my mooring in river avon as unsuitable for winter and seemed funny about length of voyage - which might not be the case now. They paid promptly on incident on old mooring in bad storm.

I use local brokers who most get me cover with euromarine. No problems there when boat was damaged by mooring chain. They need telling that I travel to Ireland and france but extra premium is minor

Fantasie 19

Visit site
Could I ask does any members use ‘ craftinsure ‘ or other recommendations for renewal.
Thanks

I do, I switched to them a number of years ago and have had two claims through them both of which they have paid up on.. for the last one (outboard stolen) the premium didn't even go up.. they also have given me a waiver for the usual 50 yr old survey requirement... recommended...

Old Harry

Visit site
You're making me nervous, just phoned them again and yes no survey required.
Is it really that odd not the require a survey?
I am with Y & no survey & "all risk & agreed value".
Dont phone them, simply re-read your exclusions, as they state what "is not" covered