Insurance Papers for visiting EU27

Sandyshore

Visit site
Hopefully come Monday evening Boris might allow us some slack .

With this in mind I spent some time last week looking at what insurance papers I should carry on my trips ,
First stop the RYA who offer interesting information on such things as medical, well worth a read
Then a call to my insurers.
This throws up numerous areas that should be looked into.

If you are entering French waters then you must carry not only your insurance certificate showing period of insurance and vessels name but also the two page document in English and French showing insurance is in place in accordance with article L.126-2 of the French Insurance Code.

Considering going further towards Spain or even currently in Spain then a further two page document in English and Spanish which apart from the obvious information within your certificate of insurance you must have a Spanish Certificate .This confirms your insurance conforms with the terms and conditions of the Spanish Royal Decree 607/1999 of 16th April.

It tends then to get more of a paperwork shuffle if on going further you enter Italian Waters where again two pages etc in English and Italian you carry under Italian legislation the certificate of insurance of decree 198 dated 6th November 2007 third party liability of Euro 6,070,000.00 .
It was suggested that if a vessels owner has currently only a limit of £3.000,000 then they should without delay arrange to increase the limit.

Finally for those in Greece a Greek certificate in English and Greek carried under compulsory third party law(Law No 4256/2014).

There does not appear to be any other EU members at this time requesting own insurance wordings although this could change .

My insurers did mention that many moorings within the UK let alone EU require £5,000,000 liability coverage so check limits.

Food for thought when we can sail abroad again, with Boris permission of course.

Sea Devil

www.michaelbriant.com
Hopefully come Monday evening Boris might allow us some slack .

With this in mind I spent some time last week looking at what insurance papers I should carry on my trips ,
First stop the RYA who offer interesting information on such things as medical, well worth a read
Then a call to my insurers.
This throws up numerous areas that should be looked into.

If you are entering French waters then you must carry not only your insurance certificate showing period of insurance and vessels name but also the two page document in English and French showing insurance is in place in accordance with article L.126-2 of the French Insurance Code.

Considering going further towards Spain or even currently in Spain then a further two page document in English and Spanish which apart from the obvious information within your certificate of insurance you must have a Spanish Certificate .This confirms your insurance conforms with the terms and conditions of the Spanish Royal Decree 607/1999 of 16th April.

It tends then to get more of a paperwork shuffle if on going further you enter Italian Waters where again two pages etc in English and Italian you carry under Italian legislation the certificate of insurance of decree 198 dated 6th November 2007 third party liability of Euro 6,070,000.00 .
It was suggested that if a vessels owner has currently only a limit of £3.000,000 then they should without delay arrange to increase the limit.

Finally for those in Greece a Greek certificate in English and Greek carried under compulsory third party law(Law No 4256/2014).

There does not appear to be any other EU members at this time requesting own insurance wordings although this could change .

My insurers did mention that many moorings within the UK let alone EU require £5,000,000 liability coverage so check limits.

Food for thought when we can sail abroad again, with Boris permission of course.
I think it has always been like this... my insurers have always supplied Italian/Spanish/ Greek translations when I included those sea areas.. Automatic for the insurance companies and not new...