Insurance for Classic Motor Boats

Castletine

Visit site
I'm just in the process of buying a 1931 pitch pine on oak Osborne Motor Cruiser, so I thought I'd hunt round for Insurance - I have been quoted on av. £250 pa because she's old and made of wood - This also includes the fact that her destination is to be moored on a non tidal inland waterway!!
- I also need to supply them with a copy of the survey before they're happy to go ahead

Can anyone recommend a good insurance company with realistic rates?

Thanks all

Jonathan

G

Re: er doesn\'t sound bad?

How big is it? What's it worth?

250 quid doesn't sound bad for a boat covered against sinking, burning, theft third party, specially an old one made of wood specially treated so it'll burn like mad (scuse pun) and moored inland so easy for nutters to attack it and never more than 20yds away from hard ground and/or another boat?

jfm

Visit site
I agree with Matts £250 sounds good. I always use GJW (advertise in MBY every month). I'm not 100% sure they're the cheapest for premiums (though they might be, and they certainly aren't bad) but in my 15yrs+ of using them I find their general helpfulness first rate and in the event of a claim (we've had a couple) they are fast and they don't nickel and dime you, they just pay up quickly and fairly.

JFM

Castletine

Visit site
Thanks for all your advice - when it comes to peace of mind of course I do not mind the price - I'll give your people a call

Castletine

Visit site
Re: er doesn\'t sound bad?

30' £16.5

Of course it makes sense, however a friend of mine with a grp yacht valued at the same price was half this which was why I raised the question.

Thanks for your reply