Instrument POD manufacturer

Hermit

Visit site
Does anyone recognise this make of instrument pod? It is a aluminuim backing with a teak front on stainless legs. I have managed to break one of the plastic ends caps and I'm trying to get a replacement. My googling skills have not yet managed to find an answer...!

1620726209488.png

prv

Visit site
Looks home-made to me, or possibly in-house by the boatbuilder. The aluminium and plastic part looks like some kind of trunking or equipment casing. I doubt you’ll find an exact replacement unfortunately.

Pete

Hermit

Visit site
Is t flat black plastic? How is it fixed? I may have a piece that would suit left over from my dashboard project.
Hello, it is a piece with ridges to slide into the end of the aluminium moulding. In turn, just held in place by 2 self-tappers.

I was sure I had seen (or something similar) them for sale somewhere which is why I was looking. 3D printing would make a good job of it - providing it is possible to make up the file by using the other end.

Daydream believer

Visit site
I would google something like dado cable management systems ( ie Link There is a range of end caps in their GRP tray brochure ) & then having found the size to suit look for end caps
perhaps a steel venered duct has been adapted to suit your application & it is just a case of finding something of the same dimension

Last edited:

Martin_J

Visit site
I had the same pod on board a few years back. I seem to remember they came in single, double and triple instrument widths and as the OP says, the front panel slides into a groove and the ends screw on.

I'm sure after reducing mine from double to single many years ago so that I could fit just the autopilot control, I eventually think I binned it last year in a bit of a clear out (although I will look in the garage later).

I did find them still sold online just a few years back though.

ip485

Visit site
Cant see the broken end cap, but I would suggest buying a small quantity of thermoworx granuals that you heat in hot water until it goes clear. It is easy to mould or form in the desired shape of the cap and will set hard. It will prove a pretty good fix. If you want somehting more flexible you could always use this as a mould, or another of the end caps, and use some two part silicone. Both are pretty cheap and a good way of mkaing one off components.