information of bays/harbours in Turkey. Didim to Kas

rigpigpaul

Visit site
Hi All, I am looking for up to date info for bays/harbours on the Turkish coast. web sites. Didim to Kas, Restaurants, depth, holding, busy or not. I have the Heikell guide but very limited. I am hoping to go to my boat as soon as Turkey goes amber. Trying to plan several trips next year with family and friends. Thanks in anticipation
RPP.

Goodroaming

Visit site
Hi All, I am looking for up to date info for bays/harbours on the Turkish coast. web sites. Didim to Kas, Restaurants, depth, holding, busy or not. I have the Heikell guide but very limited. I am hoping to go to my boat as soon as Turkey goes amber. Trying to plan several trips next year with family and friends. Thanks in anticipation
RPP.
AbSea (you tube) is sailing the Turkish coast and they provide great detail.

Irish Rover

Visit site
I find Navily useful.
Good information on this site but not as user friendly as you'd like https://www.coastguidetr.com/
I did a trip from Kuşadası to Kaş last year and back. Plenty of good anchorages along the way apart from the last leg from Karacaoren to Kaş which is 40 miles with no good anchorage along the way.
A lot depends on how fast or slow you want to do the trip. For instance there are 3 or 4 spots between Didim and Bodrum I could recommend for a visit but you could also get all the way to Bodrum in one leg if you wanted. For instance Kazaklı Köyü also known as Paradise Bay is only 11 miles from Didim but a beautiful spot and well worth a visit.
Bear in mind also that many of the restaurants in remote anchorages will close as yacht traffic falls off during October.
We're no longer Red or at least we won't be come next Wednesday.

Irish Rover

Visit site
AbSea (you tube) is sailing the Turkish coast and they provide great detail.
Cards on the table I don't generally watch YouTube sailing videos but, prompted by your recommendation and the fact I saw this couple sailing into my home marina a couple of months ago, I decided to have a look. I watched 4 episodes tonight taking them from Kaş to Datça and, truthfully, I wasn't impressed. I'm not sure what the point of these videos is supposed to be. Are they supposed to be pilot guides or just home video type diaries. Personally I didn't find what I watched either informative or interesting. Am I missing something.

tkalfaoglu

Visit site
they have two types of videos -- one is the blog style of their lives, and the others are shorts that explain about various anchorages.. keep digging :)

Irish Rover

Visit site
they have two types of videos -- one is the blog style of their lives, and the others are shorts that explain about various anchorages.. keep digging :)
I was looking at their 2021 videos (episodes 163 onwards to around 173) and I was neither entertained nor informed. Actually I noticed some complete inaccuracies and missed opportunities to give some good and essential advice. Be happy to review my opinion if you want to recommend a few other episodes to me to have a look.