Inflatable dinghy valve replacement

Noboat1

Visit site
Hello.

Does anyone know where I can get the valves replaced on my Zodiac dinghy in the South Wales or Bristol-ish area? Due to having a go myself - without a proper removal tool - I've made things on one much much worse!

Many thanks.

rgsmg53

Visit site
Try Lifting Gear & Safety Ltd in Avonmouth (also have a place in Newport I think). Tel 0117 955 0456.

Although the company name doesn't sound too promising, they have a marine division which is MCA approved and they are well-known for servicing liferafts, life jackets etc. I have used them myself to buy flares (excellent pricing and also disposal) together with other leisure boating bits and pieces. The manager (Chris?) is a boat owner himself and is pretty knowledgeable.

They certainly service inflation valves on liferafts and, if they couldn't do yours, they may know someone who can.

I believe they also do a collection and delivery service which may be useful in these locked-down times.

Regards,

Richard

Noboat1

Visit site
Try Lifting Gear & Safety Ltd in Avonmouth (also have a place in Newport I think). Tel 0117 955 0456.

Although the company name doesn't sound too promising, they have a marine division which is MCA approved and they are well-known for servicing liferafts, life jackets etc. I have used them myself to buy flares (excellent pricing and also disposal) together with other leisure boating bits and pieces. The manager (Chris?) is a boat owner himself and is pretty knowledgeable.

They certainly service inflation valves on liferafts and, if they couldn't do yours, they may know someone who can.

I believe they also do a collection and delivery service which may be useful in these locked-down times.

Regards,

Richard

That is excellent, Richard, thank you very much indeed. I'll give them a call next week to see if they're working at present. Otherwise, I'll wait a few weeks (hopefully) when things are a little more back to normal and try then. I also need flares!

Very much appreciated.

Lewis