Import duty

Cowie

Visit site
Bought a set of Zhik boots from C,H Marine in Ireland at Xmas, just got a bill from Fedex £92.96 for shipping from Ireland / Cork to North Scotland I know this is some distance, thank goodness it wasn't further.

gsheddic

Visit site
We chose to travel back in time - just remember to fly your Red Ensign with pride, knowing that Britain once again rules the waves ( or at least it does within UK coastal waters ...)

Bobc

Visit site
Refuse to pay and request a refund.

Let me guess, you bought them from Ireland because they were a bit cheaper?

Where's my John Ruskin book of quotes gone again....

Visit site
Bought a set of Zhik boots from C,H Marine in Ireland at Xmas, just got a bill from Fedex £92.96 for shipping from Ireland / Cork to North Scotland I know this is some distance, thank goodness it wasn't further.

Get used to it. One of the many dividends from our decision to leave the EU. And importing goods is likely to be even more costly next year when the UK govt gets around to imposing the same kind of border controls on imports that the EU is currently imposing on our exports

JumbleDuck

Visit site
According to a recent consumer page article in the Guardian, no charges should apply to anything bought before 1st January, even if it was delivered later, so it sounds as if you shouldn't have been charged. Might be worth pushing back a bit.

pandos

Visit site
Get used to it. One of the many dividends from our decision to leave the EU. And importing goods is likely to be even more costly next year when the UK govt gets around to imposing the same kind of border controls on imports that the EU is currently imposing on our exports

I have bought stuff from the uk since brexit and no eu charges applied. I was discounted uk vat...and paid Irish vat..courier charged 15 euros extra for handling the transaction.

I have bought several items from england via the 6 counties and had neither delays nor customs issues. No fees of any type were imposed and the customs forms were not even removed from the envelopes.

There are no charges imposed at point of export from eu. But the uk is imposing vat on imports and the couriers are rubbing salt in the wounds by charging extra for deliveries...

Some goods the also attract import duties which are for the importing government in the case of the boots that would be the uk government...

If you have a friend in the 6 counties you are sorted for these type of things...

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
via ebay/China post Brexit.

Delivered within 10 days.

Value £45 . Nothing extra charged over advertised price.

Perhaps this thread could be moved to Scuttlebutt/PBO .

Cowie

Visit site
According to a recent consumer page article in the Guardian, no charges should apply to anything bought before 1st January, even if it was delivered later, so it sounds as if you shouldn't have been charged. Might be worth pushing back a bit.
Hi
To the credit to C,H Marine they dealt with courier which was Fedex, they said Fedex have been playing the Brexit card,

Bilgediver

Visit site
via ebay/China post Brexit.

Delivered within 10 days.

Value £45 . Nothing extra charged over advertised price.

Perhaps this thread could be moved to Scuttlebutt/PBO .

I have had a few such from China. However they do seem to be very favorable with declared values on the label ;)

Other threads that may be of interest