If you can offer a prize, please post some details here

G

This is the area where you (or your company) can offer boating related prizes for the raffle described below:

Dear Sir/madam, of Marine Companies,

Re: cry for help!

I am trying to raise funds for the Yorkhill cardiology unit with the support of one of the world's largest and most active on-line sailing communities. My son Callum was born 12 weeks ago, and was taken gravely ill at 5 days old. After four heart operations and with a great deal of dedication from a fantastic team of Surgeons, Consultants, Doctors and Nurses, Callum is still with us today. He is to undergo further surgery in January to repair a main artery from his heart. With your help I would like to repay them is some way. While talking to his lead Surgeon, I discovered he, like myself, is a keen sailor, and this lead to me to following idea.

We are looking to raise as much money as possible for the Yorkhill Cardiology Fund. The money will go to buying equipment such as that used to save Callum's life on several occasions, and will no doubt go on to save the lives of many young and old in the future. We are conscious that with an aging UK sailing population, Cardiology is probably a subject that captures the attention of many. Therefore we intend to raise money by an organising an online Raffle on the YBW.com forum (owned by the IPC Media - part of Time Warner) which currently has over 29,000 registered users with over two million page impressions per month, and in excess of 300,000 visitors, primarily, but not exclusively from the UK. Forum Members will be invited to buy as many raffle tickets as they wish, all proceeds will go directly to the fund.

While I can not guarantee free advertising with YBW on their site or in their magazines at the moment, it is something that I am working on, and they have been warm to idea thus far. I will certainly be making, with the support of fellow sailing friends, as much noise about the raffle as is humanly possible! We hope to have the Raffle mentioned in IPC magazines, Yachting Monthly, Practical Boat Owner and Yachting World so with any major prizes we would be keen to give your company a mention.

Your help whether large or small would be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Alistair Richardson
yorkhillraffle@alistairrichardson.co.uk

Coupe

Visit site
I have sent you a PM.
There are some companies who are more than willing to support deserving charities and do not require publicity in return.

G

The first prize on offer is

A brand new RayMarine 101E hand held VHF.

(Donated by Son Vida II*)

*That's not a Co. BTW just a generous boat!

LeytonC

Visit site
Add A 500ml Bottle of Soltron to the List... (Post to anywhere in uk included!)
(Extar Soltron Supplies)

Solitaire

Visit site
Alistair has asked me to re - post our donation to here -

Well, to kick you off Mendez Marine will donate an RYA course with the winner having the choice of VHF or First Aid or Radar or Diesel Engine or Sea Survival.

Note: Date and course to be decided by mutual arrangement

phanakapan

Visit site
I'm offering a 'Sea Lite' radio controlled Sail boat, 50 meters range, 27.95 MHz, size approx 50cm long by 86 cm high. You can control sheets, rudder, and 'outboard'. Just a toy, not for serious enthusiasts, but a laugh anyway

G

Ocean Nautic - UK distributors for Absolute Yachts, we will donate a hand held GPS.

They would also like to donate a day's charter on their new 45 demo yacht but need to check when she will arrive and where she will be.

As we finalize the prize list I'll check with Trevor to confirm if she will arrive in time.

-Keith

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
As my new boat will be coded etc by then, I will also donate a days charter on my new luxury power boat in the Bristol Channel day to be arranged summer 2007.
This may be more suitable than the days fly fishing I previously offered.

Dave_Snelson

www.makeyourowngarments.com
For those up North (or anyone for that matter), I will donate a (good weather) trip on Coney Island for two people to see dolphins off Pen-y-Chain (if we're lucky!) then Pwllheli, Abersoch and St Tudwals islands. If the weather is brilliant, then Bardsey Island also.

Time & date to be mutually agreed by raffle winner and Dave_Snelson.

TigaWave

www.H4marine.com
One of the new QuicKutter outboard rope cutters suitable for any of the Suzuki-Johnson 4 stroke range 70-140hp.
Cast stainless cutter with fixing kit.

Thmb%20medoutboardside.jpg

If its for a pair the second one will be at cost.

Details here...
http://www.h4marine.com/Outboard%20Rope%20Cutter.htm

Sans Bateau

Visit site
Send me a digital high res photograph of your boat, we will then print it onto canvas 420 x 594 and box mount it. It will have the texture of an oil painting.
Delivery anywhere UK mainland.

Alistair

My own daughter, now 27 and back packing to Bolivia at this time, spent many weeks in ICU at birth. For ages I could not stand the bleep bleep at the check outs in supermarkets, you'll know what I mean!

Stephen

Alistairr

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
My own daughter, now 27 and back packing to Bolivia at this time, spent many weeks in ICU at birth. For ages I could not stand the bleep bleep at the check outs in supermarkets, you'll know what I mean!

[/ QUOTE ]

How right you are!!

Thanks very much for the prize.

Cheers

Alistair.

Alistairr

Visit site
Second Wind Sailing would like too donate a weekends Skippered Charter aboard their boat 'Chewsy', sailing out of Troon. Includes onboard accomodation.

This prize is worth over £600, so many thanks to 2nd Wind.

It might also be worth noting, that depending on the final Prize list, before the tickets go on sale, we may decide to offer this or any other major prize to go to Auction.

Thanks too all.

Cheers

Alistairr.

Alistairr

Visit site
RYA instructor Powerskipper would like too donate a days Powerboat instruction either Theory or practical on own boat, or school boat. Offer is restricted to Solent area.

Thanks Jul's /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif