Identify this hull?

JimmusUK

Visit site
Hey,

Any know what make/model this boat is?

I'm looking to pick up a little fishing boat but want to know a little more before I buy and am unable to view due to 'the virus'.

Marked up as a Marina 16.

Reading this post, that doesn't exists:
The importance of knowing the make and model of your boat?
boat1.jpg boat2.jpg boat3.jpg

Looks a little diddy for 16ft, is it even a marina?

I want something stable enough to take out a couple miles and safe enough to take my small children on a calm day.

Any ideas?

Thanks
o/

CLB

Visit site
Looks very much like a Marina 16GT to me. Google image it.

It will be fine for your intended purpose, just make sure you have an excellent forecast, i.e no more than F1-2, before taking any kids out. From experience I can tell you that once you scare a small child by taking them out in rough weather, you can put them off for life.

JimmusUK

Visit site

It will be fine for your intended purpose, just make sure you have an excellent forecast, i.e no more than F1-2, before taking any kids out. From experience I can tell you that once you scare a small child by taking them out in rough weather, you can put them off for life.

OK thanks. Any ideas how stable the Hull is on a gt? It's not a v all the way through is it? Do you remember what engine your gt was rated for?

Yea, you're right about kids. I will definitely only take them out on glassy days. I remember my dad taking me out on a little cabin cuddy when I was just a few years old some 30 odd years ago and want to create the same memories for my little ones.

CLB

Visit site
Sorry I have never owned a Marina GT, but have owned another similar 16ft boat and that was rated to 40hp.

QBhoy

Visit site
It’s a marina 16 for sure. I’ve been on a couple. I thought they were quite light feeling, to put it nicely. I once said so before on here and some disagreed. Must be well enough built to be fair. Still loads about.

BruceK

Visit site

Unfortunately mine have got used to it. I was rather hoping that by 18 I could give them the boot by becoming a live-aboard, but I fear I shall never be rid of them.

CliveF

Visit site
looks like the marina we had. its more a ski boat than a fishing boat.

Although we did troll for salmon on Loch Lomond with it. The only time we went out in more than a F4 in it was to resue a drifting yacht.

It WAS scarey. at low speed it wallowed and wanted to broach all the time. Your choice but I would not use one of those 2 mile offshore unless flat clam and gauranteed to stay that way.

I have had other boats one of which i was caught out in a F7 squall that picked up 2" of rain in the hull in 15 min. That had me concerned but not scared like above.

I do hope you enjoy your time in it. under the right conditions it is a nice boat and handles well on the plane.

Regards Clive

QBhoy

Visit site
looks like the marina we had. its more a ski boat than a fishing boat.

Although we did troll for salmon on Loch Lomond with it. The only time we went out in more than a F4 in it was to resue a drifting yacht.

It WAS scarey. at low speed it wallowed and wanted to broach all the time. Your choice but I would not use one of those 2 mile offshore unless flat clam and gauranteed to stay that way.

I have had other boats one of which i was caught out in a F7 squall that picked up 2" of rain in the hull in 15 min. That had me concerned but not scared like above.

I do hope you enjoy your time in it. under the right conditions it is a nice boat and handles well on the plane.

Regards Clive

This Loch you speak of...sound like a place of nightmares Clive...haha