Identify this antenna?

prv

Visit site
At work we have both WiFi and proprietary digital mesh radios that use antennas similar to that.

Not suggesting it's either of those, but the point is that you really can't tell just from the overall appearance.

Pete

William_H

Visit site
If we presume there is no system on the boat that does not work with the antenna removed you might look for a coax PL259 connector on the end of a cable not connected to anything that is near the back of VHF set. This could indicate a standby or emergency VHF antenna. ol'will

Tim Good

Visit site
VHF spare if demasted.
If we presume there is no system on the boat that does not work with the antenna removed you might look for a coax PL259 connector on the end of a cable not connected to anything that is near the back of VHF set. This could indicate a standby or emergency VHF antenna. ol'will

I can’t find any coax cable end other than an old Inmarsat C Terminal. I’ll dig around a little more.

johnalison

Visit site
There was a cartoonist in Dartmouth some years ago who worked in a curiosity shop. One cartoon of his showed a woman in an obviously new boat with a number of aerials and things stuck on the pushpit talking to another figure. The caption was something like "That one's the GPS. That's the AIS and this is the Navtex and I don't know what the hell this is". Our friends had a new boat that year so we got the cartoonist to put their boat name on the drawing and bought it as a present.