Identification puzzler Kad 300 - DP-G

jon and michie

Visit site
Hi - when I was last at my boat getting ready for her lift out I was cleaning the bilge and found a piece of plastic tube/pipe which is 57mm or 2 1/4 inch long and 12mm or 1/2 inch wide.
I do have an idea where its from but I cannot check due to lockdown restrictions so I thought I would share it here to have a second opinion - my thinking it is from the coolant tank hold down bolt as a spacer which is listed here but not sure if it is metal or plastic item 38.
I am thinking this as at the start of last year I cleaned the heat exchanger and oil cooler so the expansion tank was taken off

Volvo Penta Exploded view / schematic Heat Exchanger KAD300-A, KAMD300-A - MarinePartsEurope.com

Here are the pics of the said piece.

Attachments

• DSC_1487 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_1487 (Medium).JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_1488 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_1488 (Medium).JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_1489 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_1489 (Medium).JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_1490 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_1490 (Medium).JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_1491 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_1491 (Medium).JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

BruceK

Visit site
I had a KAD32 and it had these as spacers on the fixing points for the large plastic belt cover. You could easily put the cover back on without them, so may be worth a look.

See part 12 on this drawing:

Volvo Penta Exploded view / schematic Compressor and Belt Protection: C KAD300-A, KAMD300-A - MarinePartsEurope.com

Definitely not 12 as that is rolled steel tube. {art 38 looks about right as you wouldnt really want rolled steel there should you over torque (cant be sure the 42 has a different expansion tank)

BruceK

Visit site
I'm going with part 12. On my KAD300, it's a black plastic tube.

Interesting. I recently bought new covers (the price of which will floor you so do not damage the ones you have!) and deffo deffo deffo rolled steel tube. Same part across the board so I dont see why the 300 is different.

you can see them here:

RLUNua1.jpg

BruceK

Visit site
Volvo have this habit of changing parts and suppliers every now and then so it doesnt surprise me they may have been plastic. But given how close (mine) are to the belts, steel does make more sence to me as they can when neccessary act as a roller. I'm not loosing sleep over it either. Jon and Mitchie have just given us a puzzle to play with until they get down to the boat.

jon and michie

Visit site
Thanks for the replies so far - this is interesting.
I cannot wait to get to the boat to find out if it is a spacer for the cover - but with lockdown it isn't any time soon
Jon

[2068]

Visit site
The plastic version looks identical to the spacers I had behind my KAD32 belt covers.
I was always dropping them into the bilge as they fall off very easily.