Ideas needed......

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Dunno about decals or wotever but hows this for an idea.......

We prepare a small flyer and make it freely available as a download so that peeps can print off several at a time. Then pass them around at clubs/marinas, in locks or whenever there are other Thames boaters you can give them to. Easy to pop under canopies of boats at moorings too. Ask everyone we give them to to spread the word and print some off themselves.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
[ QUOTE ]
I can stick a link onto MTYC's website but that's a bit preaching to the converted? Failing that send a link to NABO etc, OK that drags in the narrowboats but its all numbers:--)

[/ QUOTE ]
May not be preaching to the converted if it gets a few more of them to feel part of whats going on. Narrowboat owners welcome too....some of us may be annoyed with the the way increasing numbers of them are affecting us but the whole idea of this is to improve things for everybody so it needs to be inclusive rather than exclusive. And, yes, that does mean rowers as well /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gavi

Visit site
I don't suppose there is a way we can encourage locks to promote/mention the forum somehow... perhaps get flyers distributed there? I guess we'd need to be careful about EA-upsetting, but there might be a way.

At the very least, the lock environment is a good place to mention the forum while chatting.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
[ QUOTE ]
I don't suppose there is a way we can encourage locks to promote/mention the forum somehow... perhaps get flyers distributed there? I guess we'd need to be careful about EA-upsetting, but there might be a way.

At the very least, the lock environment is a good place to mention the forum while chatting.

[/ QUOTE ]

No reason why we cant ask once we are organised and have something to show them. I already mentioned locks as a good place to get the message out to other boaters.

Ive often thought we should shake tins at the gongoozlers at places like Boulters - should raise enogh to wupe out the EA defecit in a couple of good weekends /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif