I wonder if someone can help...... I need to find out if Mirage 28's were built with a hull number.

Sfendouri

Visit site
I have a Mirage 28 and need to establish her build date. I thought if I had her hull number (which I can't find), I could find the number on a registry of some kind........

Tranona

Visit site
Most unlikely there was any identification on the boat originally as there was no requirement to have one. Builders used a range of ways of numbering boats including sail numbers, yard numbers and hull numbers, but rarely put any of these on the boat itself apart maybe from a pencilled marks on components such as locker lids. Standardised hull numbers only came in in 1997. There is no compulsory register of yachts in the UK either. Your best bet is to contact the owners association snapdragonmirage.org.uk who may well have some of the original yard records or at least be able to give you an idea of when your boat was built.

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
I have a Mirage 28 and need to establish her build date.

I can't think what you would need an accurate build date for with a boat of that sort of vintage. The insurance company will probably ask for build date, but would almost certainly be satisfied by you specifying 'Approximately 1983' (or whatever date). With a boat of that age, a year or two (or even five) one way or another will not affect the value, which is much more more dependent on condition.

Sfendouri

Visit site
Most unlikely there was any identification on the boat originally as there was no requirement to have one. Builders used a range of ways of numbering boats including sail numbers, yard numbers and hull numbers, but rarely put any of these on the boat itself apart maybe from a pencilled marks on components such as locker lids. Standardised hull numbers only came in in 1997. There is no compulsory register of yachts in the UK either. Your best bet is to contact the owners association snapdragonmirage.org.uk who may well have some of the original yard records or at least be able to give you an idea of when your boat was built.
Ok....many thanks for this