I might be persuaded to give my little boat away ......

NealB

Visit site
I bought a delightful little fin keeled Trident 24 a couple of years ago, when our Comanche catamaran was out of action for a while.

We had a great season pottering around the south and east coasts.

She has a good Beta 10 hp diesel, a basic but good set of sails (main, working jib, cruising chute).

She had a good survey, and all recommendations have been attended to.

Shamefully, she's been ashore, ignored after that first season with her.

She deserves much better.

She's had new standing and running rigging, new 'chain plates', a new Origo stove, a new rudder, LED tricolour, new anchor chain.

So she is a sound boat, though could do with a bit of TLC to get her looking back to her best.

Looking on ebay, small, old, boats are not worth life changing amounts, so, if you know anyone worthy, who's looking for a potential 'Jester' boat (with suitable mods), I'd love to see her being enjoyed again.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Bergamot

Visit site
That sounds tempting. I have always liked the look of the Trident 24, particularly with the fin keel. I rescued my Leisure 17 having been given it by a RN shipmate of my Dad - they were on HMS Bergamot. See PBO August 2015 if you are interested. I sail her in the channel but chicken out above F5. Now you have got me thinking!

Jim Schofield

liffeysailor.blogspot.ie
Great idea NealB.

If I had not bought earlier this year I would be first in the queue.

There must be thousands of vessels that could have a new lease of life if more people made the same offer.

Hope it finds a great pair of hands to sail it well.

Jim

oakleyb

Visit site
I'm looking for exactly this type of boat, have a Prout cat thats not really suited for the Jester challenge in 2 years I'm planning to be part of.

Is she at Port Solent in the attached picture ?

NealB

Visit site
I'm looking for exactly this type of boat, have a Prout cat thats not really suited for the Jester challenge in 2 years I'm planning to be part of.

Is she at Port Solent in the attached picture ?

That pic was at the services place in Gosport (I think).

She's in Burnham now.

( edit: No .. you're quite right, that is Port Solent).

Last edited:

NealB

Visit site
Thanks for the replies, and pm's, so far.

I will reply individually, but will be buzzing around over the weekend, so probably won't get round to it till next week. I'll also take some more pics.