• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

IN ADDITION it seems that conspiracy theories are finding their way onto the forum. This is not the place for such content. Users who post it may find their access limited or permanently suspended. Please leave it where you find it.

I might be persuaded to give my little boat away ......

NealB

I bought a delightful little fin keeled Trident 24 a couple of years ago, when our Comanche catamaran was out of action for a while.

We had a great season pottering around the south and east coasts.

She has a good Beta 10 hp diesel, a basic but good set of sails (main, working jib, cruising chute).

She had a good survey, and all recommendations have been attended to.

Shamefully, she's been ashore, ignored after that first season with her.

She deserves much better.

She's had new standing and running rigging, new 'chain plates', a new Origo stove, a new rudder, LED tricolour, new anchor chain.

So she is a sound boat, though could do with a bit of TLC to get her looking back to her best.

Looking on ebay, small, old, boats are not worth life changing amounts, so, if you know anyone worthy, who's looking for a potential 'Jester' boat (with suitable mods), I'd love to see her being enjoyed again.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Bergamot

That sounds tempting. I have always liked the look of the Trident 24, particularly with the fin keel. I rescued my Leisure 17 having been given it by a RN shipmate of my Dad - they were on HMS Bergamot. See PBO August 2015 if you are interested. I sail her in the channel but chicken out above F5. Now you have got me thinking!

Jim Schofield

Great idea NealB.

If I had not bought earlier this year I would be first in the queue.

There must be thousands of vessels that could have a new lease of life if more people made the same offer.

Hope it finds a great pair of hands to sail it well.

Jim

oakleyb

I'm looking for exactly this type of boat, have a Prout cat thats not really suited for the Jester challenge in 2 years I'm planning to be part of.

Is she at Port Solent in the attached picture ?

NealB

I'm looking for exactly this type of boat, have a Prout cat thats not really suited for the Jester challenge in 2 years I'm planning to be part of.

Is she at Port Solent in the attached picture ?
That pic was at the services place in Gosport (I think).

She's in Burnham now.

( edit: No .. you're quite right, that is Port Solent).

Last edited:

NealB

Thanks for the replies, and pm's, so far.

I will reply individually, but will be buzzing around over the weekend, so probably won't get round to it till next week. I'll also take some more pics.