I have been chatting with another about Annual Event !!

G

Next event ...

I think that having proven that small Mobo's and our small raggies can make it through the weather - maybe attendance next year will be more mixed rag / mobo .....

At moment Yarmouth HM is being difficult over deposits paid ... so makes one consider different tactic / booking strategy next time.

I like the idea of Yarmouth as venue - it has both good and bad weather capability - just a right s*d when wind over tide and weather turns to get there.

We are hoping that we can improve on this years with a few more prizes from others as well as IPC / YBW again. Discussion is underway at moment ref. the YBW connection - last meetings IPC/YBW contingent couldn't make it ...

I was disappointed that more Raggies didn't make it and also with the weather we couldn't have the kids / grown-ups games as planned ... still it went well and next year fingers crossed should be better.

Comment - It is always difficult to find a venue that can handle 30+ boats ... plus the berthing of such varied freeboards / boat styles ... a sigh of relief ran through me after this years .... but it did give rise to a bit of hair-pulling at times !!

Here's to next years ... lets see if we can really "push the boat out" !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

stevebirch2002

www.albinvega.co.uk
Re: Sails ...... calm down ????

Hi Malc, dont worry. Me and Nigel love our banter! He goes on about me wiyth "Vega this, Vega that" and I go on about the lack of sailing, engine on etc. It is all good natured banter, on my part anyway!!!!!! Good to meet you at Yarmouth and at least you didnt smoke as much as Nigel's last crew!!! The photo Nigel posted showed SA actualling leaning, must of been a hurricane on the beam to make her lean with the moveable ballast inside!!

G

Hey Steve .....

Only moveable ballast is the beer bottles rolling around !!

I take it all light-heartedly .... no worries ...

At least I know I can keep to a timetable !!

Malcb

www.virgo-owners.org

Don't worry, I'm not worried. in fact it would have been leaning even more if my (some say substantial) weight not been on the windward side to take the photo. Nect year I might even get my boat over to the meet, and my boat's 2 foot shorter than SA.

stevebirch2002

www.albinvega.co.uk

Hi Malc. The more boats teh merrier. I would have loved to bring mine as well but neither Jim or myself fancied single-handing in the forecasted weatehr (and we were right!). Mine only 27' so we can swell the numbers of LOBs (Little Old Boats). Liked the photo of you, Nigel and teh Lifeboat bloke!! Headline news! Cheers /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif